Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default SAW forcing On Top status over other programs

Lately (and it may be due to some of the recent changes), it seems that whenever I try to work with another application with SAW open, Saw will grab the focus away from whatever program I try to switch to from the taskbar.

One example is when I finish using CSG and wish to open Nero.
    Another example is when I am trying to refer to text notes in Notepad.

It takes two or three attempts to grab/re-gain focus on the other application before SAW will finally stop grabbing it back from me... this happens even if I minimize SAW first.

This didn't happen before I recently updated SAW to 4.9 from 4.6 (I think was the last version I'd had on the tower)...

Is this a problem with my installation, or is there something new in SAW that forces it to insist on keeping the focus? If so, is there a way to defeat it?

Thanks,
    DanT

Default Re: SAW forcing On Top status over other programs

Not sure... a few have mantioned the same thing... I did make some changes in the past few versions...

I'll look into it further.

Bob L

Thanks Bob.
    I wasn't sure if it was intentional.... I lose track of the changes.

DanT

I find that now if I Cntrl Tab to get to other programs, they don't switch until the second time I go around the whole list. Could this be related?

Regards,

MM
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I find that now if I Cntrl Tab to get to other programs, they don't switch until the second time I go around the whole list. Could this be related?

Regards,

MM
    Ditto.

I generally have to go to the Windows button to get to my hidden task bar. Cursor to the bottom doesn't work.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post

Regards,

MM
    Ditto +2

I thought it was something funky with my computer.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Quote Originally Posted by bcorkery View Post
    I generally have to go to the Windows button to get to my hidden task bar. Cursor to the bottom doesn't work.
    That's been continuing to happen to me too for quite a long while. Thought it was fixed many versions back, but it's still there. I ended up resizing all my F-key files so the verticle size is just high enough to clear at least half of the taskbar underneath Saw when I pull the cursor down to the bottom of the monitor. That way I can still get to it when I need it. I'm not crazy about losing that one extra track in my max-track view, but at least it works.

DanT

Good advice Dan. I didn't even consider this because I expected the task bar to pop up over SAW. Seems like an easy fix.

Thanks,
    Bill
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

That behaviour for the taskbar has always been there... the original F-Key defaults in SS always left a small gap at the bottom for the normal taskbar position.

In fact, that taskbar blockage happens for me on many different apps... not even involving SS or SAC.

Bob L