Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: SAW forcing On Top status over other programs

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    That behaviour for the taskbar has always been there... the original F-Key defaults in SS always left a small gap at the bottom for the normal taskbar position.

In fact, that taskbar blockage happens for me on many different apps... not even involving SS or SAC.

Bob L
    I've run into some similar issue with SAC. Just out of curiosity, why is that when you click the Maximize in SAC or SAW that it wants to take over the entire screen? Almost all applications I run, when you click that, they leave the taskbar intact just fine at the bottom of your screen. The only time the taskbar should ever hide on you is if you turn on the autohide feature, which I used to do when screen real estate was at a much higher premium than it is now days. Other wise no application should cover up the taskbar. It's just the way windows software is supposed to work.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Well... because that's how I designed it to work... screen real estate is precious... I wanted all I could get.

And... you should know by now SAC and SAWStudio don't work like the other Windows software works... Thank Goodness eh!!!

Bob L

fwiw -
    my work around any of these issues is that I run a dual monitor setup -
    and have an F-key which places SAW only on one monitor so that I can work with any other program on the second monitor.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSonic View Post
    fwiw -
    my work around any of these issues is that I run a dual monitor setup -
    and have an F-key which places SAW only on one monitor so that I can work with any other program on the second monitor.
    It still takes two attemps to switch focus to another app. Being able to see it doesn't mean it's responsive to user input.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ambler View Post
    It still takes two attemps to switch focus to another app. Being able to see it doesn't mean it's responsive to user input.

Mark
    Just tested this on both my Win2k and WinXP DAW's and it just takes me a single click to go back and forth between them. I'm using ATI cards with their Hydravision display management software running. One thing - I only have SAW's "background" on my primary monitor - my other F-keys just put windows on the 2nd monitor but don't have the background stretching over there.
    I'm also still on 4.8 here - so don't know if this was a problem introduced with 4.9 is the reason I'm not seeing it.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

I'm also still on 4.8 here - so don't know if this was a problem introduced with 4.9 is the reason I'm not seeing it.
    The way SS insists on being in the foreground started with one of the very recent versions. I don't have the luxury of being able to run a computer that is 100% dedicated to SAW. I'm also running Outlook, Word, and our radio automation software on the same computer. Hopefully Bob can figure out why SS is now doing this. And if it's intentional, maybe an option can be added to disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demodave View Post
    The way SS insists on being in the foreground started with one of the very recent versions. I don't have the luxury of being able to run a computer that is 100% dedicated to SAW. I'm also running Outlook, Word, and our radio automation software on the same computer. Hopefully Bob can figure out why SS is now doing this. And if it's intentional, maybe an option can be added to disable it.
    It's very recent behavior here.... that is, the multiple attempts to get another app to gain focus, not the taskbar thing, which is evidently not related as Bob tells it.

DanT

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Well... because that's how I designed it to work... screen real estate is precious... I wanted all I could get.

And... you should know by now SAC and SAWStudio don't work like the other Windows software works... Thank Goodness eh!!!

Bob L
    Fair Enough, I understand, rules (standards) are meant to be broken. Although I think the need for every inch of real estate now days is drastically diminished with the size of screen resolutions available these days and with how cheap it is to go to dual heads. Hell you can almost put together a small SAC system now days for what my first dual head Matrox Video card and 2 17" CRT monitors set me back.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Quote Originally Posted by bcorkery View Post
    I generally have to go to the Windows button to get to my hidden task bar. Cursor to the bottom doesn't work.
    Thank goodness! I sure wouldn't want the windows task bar popping up over my SS controls erratically as I adjust SS controls! I love the way it works.

I multitask programs at times too - If I want Taskbar or Windows Start button while running SS, all I have to do is move my left pinky and tap the windows button. Easy and deliberate for a deliberate reason.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Hi Bob,

Have you been able to make any progress on this issue of SAW/SAC forcing other programs into the background?