Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Latency compensator plug question

So does this plug move the track back in time or forward? In other words do I insert it on the track that is latent or do I put it on all tracks not going through said latency (which is how the UAD one worked)

Also anyone here use Pristine Space convo-verb? You can get the latency down to about 1.5 sec I belive so it might be a better choice than SIR if this latency plug is a hassle.

Jesse

Default Re: Latency compensator plug question

One instance on any track does the magic move.

MM
    Michael McInnis Productions

Great, sounds simple.

Still trying to figure out the SIR thing.
    I would only need to plug the Latency plug into the track that has SIR plug into it, right?

Pristine space has a zero latency mode now btw.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Quote Originally Posted by AudioAstronomer
    Pristine space has a zero latency mode now btw.
    Robert -
    This might have changed - but from my understanding doesn't it achieve this through cheating some of the calculations? If so, for a lot of things this won't be a noticeable effect - but I believe it's best to use this setting for preview while mixing and then build the mix using the 64 sample fixed latency with the Latency Comp set for this.

The Revolverb Lite freeware also is designed for zero latency - but it definitely doesn't give you the parameter control that even SIR has. Seems like Pristine Space has options that even the pricy Waves IR-1 doesn't though. Voxengo has definitely put out some good stuff - I just never liked the gui's though - but sound has always been way more important to me than looks.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSonic
    Robert -
    This might have changed - but from my understanding doesn't it achieve this through cheating some of the calculations? If so, for a lot of things this won't be a noticeable effect - but I believe it's best to use this setting for preview while mixing and then build the mix using the 64 sample fixed latency with the Latency Comp set for this.

The Revolverb Lite freeware also is designed for zero latency - but it definitely doesn't give you the parameter control that even SIR has. Seems like Pristine Space has options that even the pricy Waves IR-1 doesn't though. Voxengo has definitely put out some good stuff - I just never liked the gui's though - but sound has always been way more important to me than looks.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    This is true with pristine space. I am an avid voxengo user myself, even broke my "oath" of no VST/DX because I couldnt live without some of my voxengo plug-ins. I find with a well-suited impulse, the parameter control becomes much less valuable.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Quote Originally Posted by MMP
    It doesn't matter which track it is on...its function is global.

MM
    Could you elaborate?

Michael,

My understanding is that Jon's plug holds back data on the track that it is plugged into... I don't know how it would have global control...

Did I mis-understand your comment?

I believe you patch his latency compensator into any track that has a latency producing plugin like many of the FIR equalizers or the DSP based UA stuff... then his plug actually uses my API features to soak up the first x number of samples to companesate for the delay because SAWStudio actually allows him to take buffers and not return them until he is ready... which allows him to skip the first x number of samples which are causing the latency in the troublesome plugin.

Bob L

Carl,

Still trying to figure out the SIR thing.
    I would only need to plug the Latency plug into the track that has SIR plug into it, right?

Yes, that is right. But don't forget to insert, in JMS's plug in, the amount of samples to be "compensated": 8960 for SIR.
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Plug ins - RMLLabs, Sonoris, JMS, Waves, Antares, SIR2
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.