Close

Default BFG:Saving a BFG Preset File Crashes SAW

It just up and disappears. Anyone seen this?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Default Re: BFG:Saving a BFG Preset File Crashes SAW

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    It just up and disappears. Anyone seen this?
    I'll run a test later today. Are you using the latest version (0.7) or are you running something else?

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSonic View Post
    I'll run a test later today. Are you using the latest version (0.7) or are you running something else?

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

0.6 Beta.

Maybe I should update?
    Becket, Massachusetts

0.6 Beta.

Maybe I should update?
    Dunno - the bug fixes in 0.7 (based on info Jon emailed to me as he doens't have it posted on his site) are:
    + Fix ctrl+clicking and shift+clicking for partial selections, changes
    in SS > 4.0 had broken this
    + Fix: When the BFG interface is open, ctrl-right-arrow doesn't take you
    to the right side of the marked area in the SF view like it normally does.
    You can download the update/demo file directly at:

http://www.jms-audioware.com/progs/BatchGen_v0.7.exe

Heading back to the studio now - when I'm there I'll do a test for you and post back.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Dave -
    just tested:
    Version 0.7 of BFG saved and loaded pre-sets completely fine here on my WinXPsp2 DAW.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Dave -
    just tested:
    Version 0.7 of BFG saved and loaded pre-sets completely fine here on my WinXPsp2 DAW.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    Thanks, Steve. Silly me, I already had the 0.7 version in my downloads folder; just never installed it.

Just tested it. Trying to save a BFG preset file still crashes SAW. Can I send you my EDL for testing? Maybe some feature of the session is causing a problem?

I just tried it with a virgin session. Worked fine.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 11-25-2009 at 08:10 AM.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Thanks, Steve. Silly me, I already had the 0.7 version in my downloads folder; just never installed it.

Just tested it. Trying to save a BFG preset file still crashes SAW. Can I send you my EDL for testing?
    Sure - but it will take me a bit of time before I can test it - I'm out of the studio today and tomorrow, and then am going to have to play catch up for a few days after that. Have you emailed Jon?

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Sure - but it will take me a bit of time before I can test it - I'm out of the studio today and tomorrow, and then am going to have to play catch up for a few days after that. Have you emailed Jon?

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    No rush. Thanks.

Haven't emailed Jon. I didn't think we was 'active' currently. I guess I will, just in case...
    Becket, Massachusetts

Dave -
    Just tested your EDL - and it does wipe off SAW off the screen whenever you try and save it a BFG pre-set.

I noticed you used a few instances of couple different UAD plugins (which I figured could potentially cause a problem) - I removed these from the EDL and created a new one but still had the same problem.

Perhaps all those overlapping regions in BFG are creating a problem for it to save a preset? Again - with my own edl's (which haven't used overlapping regions) I hadn't seen this problem before.

Best person to get involved with this obviously is Jon. You know the drill!

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Dave -
    Just tested your EDL - and it does wipe off SAW off the screen whenever you try and save it a BFG pre-set.

I noticed you used a few instances of couple different UAD plugins (which I figured could potentially cause a problem) - I removed these from the EDL and created a new one but still had the same problem.

Perhaps all those overlapping regions in BFG are creating a problem for it to save a preset? Again - with my own edl's (which haven't used overlapping regions) I hadn't seen this problem before.

Best person to get involved with this obviously is Jon. You know the drill!

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    Thanks for checking it out, Steve. Sorry I forgot to pull the plugs for you. I did pull them all out for Jon, and just heard back from him that he received it, so maybe we'll have some news, soon.

I probably haven't had the problem before, either, because I usually don't overlap the BFG regions; but then I rarely use the BFG save feature, so...
    Becket, Massachusetts