Close

Thread: Count in?

Default Count in?

Can not find any "Count In" feature, it would be nice to use that when recording.
    Maybe I have missed something?
    Any ideas?

Default Re: Count in?

Quote Originally Posted by Göran Nordberg View Post
    Can not find any "Count In" feature, it would be nice to use that when recording.
    Maybe I have missed something?
    Any ideas?
    Could you elaborate on what you mean by "count in"? You can set a time code start offset such that the time readout "counts up" to 00:00:00:00.00. E.g., set the smpte/mtc start offset to "23:59:55:00.00" and that's where the time line will start, counting up to 00:00:00:00.00 at the point five seconds in.

Or do you mean you want an audible click to count in? That task can be handled by placing the sound of your choice on grid points in the MT or using the free native metronome plug-in at www.jms-audioware.com.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Smile Re: Count in?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Could you elaborate on what you mean by "count in"? You can set a time code start offset such that the time readout "counts up" to 00:00:00:00.00. E.g., set the smpte/mtc start offset to "23:59:55:00.00" and that's where the time line will start, counting up to 00:00:00:00.00 at the point five seconds in.

Or do you mean you want an audible click to count in? That task can be handled by placing the sound of your choice on grid points in the MT or using the free native metronome plug-in at www.jms-audioware.com.

Thank You, I meant count in with audible clicks.
    I think I will try both versions, thank,s for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Göran Nordberg View Post
    Thank You, I meant count in with audible clicks.
    I think I will try both versions, thank,s for the link.
    When using the metronome plug-in, I think you have to place a region (a SAW blank region will do) on the track that the metronome is patched into, preferably at the end of the session data in the multitrack, to get it to make sound. FYI.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

It is possible that by "count-in" he means a feature whereby, no matter where you are in the sequence when you start recording, the sequencer will "play" and arbitrary number of "beats" before starting play/record from your start point. Cakewalk Pro for Windows did this. SawStudio and MWS do not have an equivalent feature.

The lack of that feature has not been a big deal for me. I am accustomed to putting a couple of "blank" bars at the beginning of a sequence for "count in", and allowing at least a couple of bars of "pre-roll" before where recording starts.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    It is possible that by "count-in" he means a feature whereby, no matter where you are in the sequence when you start recording, the sequencer will "play" and arbitrary number of "beats" before starting play/record from your start point. Cakewalk Pro for Windows did this. SawStudio and MWS do not have an equivalent feature.

The lack of that feature has not been a big deal for me. I am accustomed to putting a couple of "blank" bars at the beginning of a sequence for "count in", and allowing at least a couple of bars of "pre-roll" before where recording starts.
    Precisely, the same features found in Cakewalk and I think in Logic.
    It is so difficult to use the mouse and play MIDI piano at the same time , therefore I wanted something that count in a bar or two ( visually or with audible clicks) and then start recording automatically.
    Have not had time to practice your tips yet, but soon I will give it a try.
    Thank's

You can set the start position a few bars early... then turn on the auto-rewind feature... this will start playback over and over again at the same position.

If you want auto-rec-punchin... you can mark the punchin area on the timeline... now you can forget the mouse and start performing.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    You can set the start position a few bars early... then turn on the auto-rewind feature... this will start playback over and over again at the same position.

If you want auto-rec-punchin... you can mark the punchin area on the timeline... now you can forget the mouse and start performing.

Bob L
    Yes, I was thinking about the punchin method, well..I have to try it out.
    Thank's