Close

Default an interesting article on the Midas/Klark & Behringer deal

Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Default Re: an interesting article on the Midas/Klark & Behringer deal

Excellent press release which succinctly speaks about the concerns Midas/Klark fans have about the ownership change.
    Sounds entirely positive when the respective brand faces discuss it together...the proof however, will be in the pudding & only time will tell...

Of note is the mention that Midas/Klark will likely begin to include downward expansion into the middle ground that exists betwixt their and Behringer's current brand markets. This is presented as a previously intended goal for M/K brands that this union empowers, and the recent emergence of the Venice series appears to support that...the other spin on that is: M/K are going to risk encumbering their brand perceptual integrity by making a lower level line with their branding, if that move tanks...the world will now blame Uli not John, as long as the premium M/K products remain premium.

Ramsey
    Kingsnake Sound Company
    Host:1U Supermicro rack case/I5-3570K/ASUS Sabertooth Z77/8GB Ram, 32GB SATA flash OS drive/250GB SATA storage drive/DVD-RW/HP1U KVM/DLink DIR-655 WirelessN OS: Win7 I/O: MOTU PCIx-424, 3x MOTU 2408mk3, 9xADA8000 Plugs:RML Levelizer,SAWverb; DualLinkwitzRileyFilter; Voxengo Gliss; ReaXcomp; Dominion; + testing others
    Typical Show:24-40 Channel, 4-8 mixes+sidefill, Stereo FOH+SAW multitracking
    Buffer & load: 2x32, 25-55% depending

Default Re: an interesting article on the Midas/Klark & Behringer deal

Thats was interesting reading, to me it sounds like the first
    products from Behringer will be using the aes50 connection ,
    Maybe a ADA8000 with hyper mac connection and remote controlled
    gain...,
    anyway, it sounds like they have a good plan.

Sebastian