Close

Default Mute Slope will not save in preferences???

Anyone else not able to save Mute Slope (SAWStudioBasic) in your preferences file? Tried Mix Preferences. Won't save there either.
    Gary R.

Default Re: Mute Slope will not save in preferences???

I just tested SAWStudioBasic preference saves and the default mute slope setting saves fine.

Others were mentioning preference save problems wth Windows 7 upgrades... something about folder rights...

Are you using Vista or 7?

Are you saving the proper file... default PREFERENCES file.

Bob L

Bob,

I am on windows XPsp3. And yes I am saving default Preferences.

Maybe a corrupt Pref file??
    Last edited by Gary Ray; 12-23-2009 at 12:43 PM.
    Gary R.

Well... there have been other instances where people have used the command line preference override option and forgot they were using it... thereby complaining that the prefs were not saving correctly, when all the while the desktop icon was overriding the default pref saves with a command line option to load a different pref file.

Check your desktop icon and make sure this is not the problem.

Bob L

Bob,

I didn't know there was a command line option, so, the desktop icon for SAW is clean of any such commands.

How do I go about writing a new Preference file? Just delete it? If yes, what is the name of the file to delete?

I just tried to load a personal Pref file besides the system default and it had not saved the MUTE SLOPE either. Both the SAW default pref file and my personal pref file were saved at the same time, first one and then the other.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Gary Ray; 12-23-2009 at 03:39 PM.
    Gary R.

Hmmm... not sure what is going on for you.

Set the Default Mute Slope in the Automation menu... (setting an individual slope on an entry is not considered a default).

Then select The File Menu and the Preferences File Option... then Save Default.

That should do it.

Bob L

Bob,

I think the culprit is to save the file when there is NO edl loaded. Could that be possible? I just opened SAW without an edl. Saved the MUTE SLOPE in the default preferences and then closed SAW. Opened SAW and the MUTE SLOPE was indeed saved.

All this past week I have been trying to save the MUTE SLOPE with projects loaded in SAW.....doesn't save MUTE SLOPE in that state.

Go Figure That..
    Gary R.

Nope... has nothing to do with it... just tried it to make sure... works fine.

Bob L