Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: Melodyne Stand-alone & Plugin: My Results & Observations

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I also recently moved to a new computer and can't find a saved installer anywhere. It seems to me I should still have a right to use it, at least for archived projects. There is no longer an installer available on Celemony's site.

Perhaps if I hadn't moved, the old license would still be active...so maybe only a problem in my exact circumstance.

I have messed around with the editor in SAW a bit more and have had some success, though I would recommend always using an EDL copy for any experiments. One thing is that the multitrack has to be running for any graphic updates on the plugin, so if you move audio in and stop the transfer on the plugin, you need to keep rolling to see the processing clock graphic. It also seems to want the multitrack running while actually doing any pitch correction. So, by putting a blank region all the way down the track I was able to pitch correct an acoustic guitar, but it won't really work for the type of stop and start pitch correction I usually do. It wants the audio engine running all the time, which is not how SAW is designed.

It would be cool to have a switch sort of the opposite of auto fx bypass that could force the audio hardware on.

One other thing is SAW slows to a crawl when the plugin is engaged, even when it's not calculating or correcting. A delete was taking 2 or 3 seconds to happen.

Regards,

MM
    Well it looks like when you do a Melodyne install on a new XP install you need to download a new license file AND that appears to be considered another computer, which is BS. Might be better to go with an iLoc, but I mean to write them to straighten this out.

I have had the opposite experience with processing. Melodyne seems nimble in SAW in comparison to PT and Cubase. For example. when I slide the pitch bar between 0% and 100% in SAW there's no hesitation on a typical vocal track. In PT and Cubase it's sluggish.

Good idea, I'll give a try.

Regards,

MM

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Michael,

If you turn on Live Mode... thn when you start and stop the MT, Live Mode will always re-engage... perhaps that will keep it happy.

Although... the position info during the stand-still live mode may get it all confused... not sure what they would expect while the MT is idle... but the engine is live.

Bob L
    Michael McInnis Productions

What I meant was that normal SAW operations slowed down...It could have been Melodyne pushing me out of memory.

Regards,

MM

Quote Originally Posted by Grekim View Post
    Well it looks like when you do a Melodyne install on a new XP install you need to download a new license file AND that appears to be considered another computer, which is BS. Might be better to go with an iLoc, but I mean to write them to straighten this out.

I have had the opposite experience with processing. Melodyne seems nimble in SAW in comparison to PT and Cubase. For example. when I slide the pitch bar between 0% and 100% in SAW there's no hesitation on a typical vocal track. In PT and Cubase it's sluggish.

What I meant was that normal SAW operations slowed down...It could have been Melodyne pushing me out of memory.

Regards,

MM
    Sorry, I knew what you meant and then my brain went in a different direction. Are you running at a low latency setting?
    Besides the transfer/stop issue I have had some occasional wierdness with SAW crashing after closing an edl with Melodyne instantiated.

Bob - if a plug-in has been removed from the edl and then the edl is saved, is there any way data pertaining to the removed plug-in can get into (stay with) that edl?

No... the data params for that plugin should no longer be part of the edl.

Bob L

I tried the live mode idea to keep Melodyne processing, but what it really seems to want is asio tempo. Any good ideas on how to provide that would be welcomed.

Regards,

MM

It was a memory problem...no slowdown in the last few test sessions.

Regards,

MM

Regards,

MM

Well I do send tempo info when the MT is playing back... not sure what they would expect when the playback is standing still... even with the engine live.

Bob L

I don't know either, but nothing seems to update even if the engine is live unless the cursor is moving. Weird...

Regards,

MM