Close

1. Default Midi Workshop-Kontakt Player4-Infinite Player

I am trying to play back a imported midi file in MW that came from Odd Grooves pack or EZDrummer with the Kontakt Player and Infinte Player that is usinga drumkit from Ocean Way Drums. The file does not play all the sounds that are in that groove. How do I make this happen? The groove shos notes when clicked on and thus far I can record with keyboard the Ocean Way Kits but when importing midi file it doesn't play all sounds of kit. Usually just the kick plays and sometimes more sounds but not all. Kontakt is loaded as VSTi in multitrack of SAW and the midi setup is correct for recording just not playing back other files with all sounds. The reason I ask is if I buy other midi grooves I would like this to work. Is there an INI file needed for each kit to map each drum hit/stroke to make this work?

Default Re: Midi Workshop-Kontakt Player4-Infinite Player

I wonder if the different drum instruments in those files might be split across midi channels.

The MWS tracks are designed to each play on one midi chan assignment... you might try changing the midi chan on the track to see if other notes then start to play... if so... you will want to extract the separate notes down to a new track assigned to the next midi chan.

This can be done in Select Mode... click the first note of a drum type and then press the end key... all of those note types will be selected... then ctrl-drag them down to the next track... etc.

Bob L

3. Default Re: Midi Workshop-Kontakt Player4-Infinite Player

I did that and don't see it in SAW but I do see that each drum sound is using a separate channel and has transpose functions attached to each. If I hi-lite a note a see what the note is supposed to be such as F# and I may not have an F# in the drumkit. So if I change one of my drums in VSTi to that transposed note it will play? Or I still need to move to separate channel? Can I implement omni mode for each drum in VSTi to hear all the notes once transposed? Thanks,

I suggest a different MWS track for each drum note... that gives you complete control over velocity and level and eventual mixing for each drum... you only need one vsti in SAW... but just split the notes onto separate MWS tacks.

Bob L

5. Default Re: Midi Workshop-Kontakt Player4-Infinite Player

Yeah I got it to work all on one track. Sometimes just starting all over helps. I had tried omni on each drum and didn't work but after I said ch1 on each it worked. Splitting up sounds like right idea.

6. Default Re: Midi Workshop-Kontakt Player4-Infinite Player

I guess I just do not understand midi drums. I exported a Terry Bozzio midi drum file from Drumcore, import to midi workshop and it split across four tracks auto. I then tried to match the VSTi (Kontakt-IP) to either all on channel one or the respective ch1,2,10 which auto shown and nothing played although I saw midi movement in the VSTi and levels. Back to drawing board.

In many cases, midi drums will all use one midi chan, with each note assigned to a different drum sound... so instead of playing a musical scale as you play across the octaves of a keyboard, each note will play a different drum sound.

With a sequencer like the MWS, you can assign multiple tracks to the same synth port and midi chan and keep each drum sound on its own track... thereby making it much easier to control and maintain separation between the kick, snare, toms... etc.

Bob L