Close

Default SAC as front-end to SAW Sound back to Monitors?

I've got SAC and SAW running in our practice studio.

I've successfully replaced my Mackie Onyx board with SAC for headphone mixes.

I was able to engage SAW and record our last rehearsal.

However, playing around with the system today, I was trying to understand how to get SAW to play back through SAC. I see where I can select SAC input sources on the FOH mixer channels, but those options do not appear on the channel Input sources in the Monitor mixes.

I'm sure its a simple oversight, but ???

2. Default Re: SAC as front-end to SAW Sound back to Monitors?

All of the monitor mixers tap off the inputs of the FOH console, so on the FOH console you set the input to be a SS source and now that passes through to all of the monitor mixers where you can setup unique mixes.

Red face Re: SAC as front-end to SAW Sound back to Monitors?

Quote Originally Posted by 905shmick View Post
    All of the monitor mixers tap off the inputs of the FOH console, so on the FOH console you set the input to be a SS source and now that passes through to all of the monitor mixers where you can setup unique mixes.
    Ok.. DUH...

Still getting used the routing.

Default Re: SAC as front-end to SAW Sound back to Monitors?

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Ok.. DUH...

Still getting used the routing.
    He is referring to SAC input source, Launch SAW and SAC then like them via SAW > Options > Activate SAC LINK then switch to SAC and set the INPUT SOURCE to SS (SAW STUDIO)

Hope it helps

Chris
    Warren @ The Masters Tracks

Default Re: SAC as front-end to SAW Sound back to Monitors?

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    He is referring to SAC input source, Launch SAW and SAC then like them via SAW > Options > Activate SAC LINK then switch to SAC and set the INPUT SOURCE to SS (SAW STUDIO)

Hope it helps

Chris
    Yes, I got that far, but when I looked at the Monitor Channels the SAW input sources didn't show and I got confused.

I had the FOH input source selected correctly, I just forgot that the Monitor Input source is just a TAP of the FOH input.

Anyway.. got it all working now.

thanks,

pg