Close

Default How to Patch fx (reverb) across multiple monitor mixes?

I've been through the User manual and I didn't find any reference that would help with this.

If I want to add an fx patch (like reverb) to a channel, but want to hear that patch across all monitor mixes, how do you assign the routing, without having to patch each mixer channel individually?

Default Re: How to Patch fx (reverb) across multiple monitor mixes?

Aux returns on monitors can be either virtual or physical like the FOH mix, but can also be post or pre fade like the other monitor sources. If it's a reverb patched on an individual channel (has to be FOH or Mon 1), you'd need to tap pre-fade or move the FOH fx point to be pre-eq/dynamics and take it post-eq or post-dynamics.

If you put the FX on the channel, patch post fader into the monitor mixers. It's usually better, though, to set things like reverbs up on aux sends so they can be adjusted and muted more easily, and are accessible to multiple channels. You can then patch the aux return on monitor mixers to the return from the FOH mixer.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

Ok.. got it working now.

Thanks...