Close

Default SS to SS over Ethernet

Bob;

According to (my interpretation of) the manual I should be able to record using the following scenario (page 63);

SS on PC2 as the source, wave file loaded in the multitrack with Wormhole2 loaded in FX Post-Patch to:

SS on PC1 , Channel input set to Multitrack - wormhole2 loaded in FX Pre-Patch.

With [Record Ready] Active, I can hear the signal coming in via Wormhole , and the indicators on wormhole are verifying that there is a signal, and which IP address it is coming from.

Also there is a level indicated on the Z and W inputs, but there is no Level showing on the Record Level Meter, and when record is activated, nothing recorded.

When I tried changing the Record input to the corresponding Mixer Channel, and tick; "Mixer Channel Record Tap routed before EQ/Dyn" there is no record level indicated.

when unticking; "Mixer Channel Record Tap routed before EQ/Dyn" results in a Level and a feedback loop.

I assume I am doing something wrong, but I can't work out what!

Being able to use this would save me considerable time, as it would make it feasible to transfer (multiple) tracks directly from one machine to another without going to an audio interface (or 2)

Please Help!

Robert V.

Default Re: SS to SS over Ethernet

Could you accomplish the same goal by exporting the tracks to soundfiles (with or without processing) and then move the files via ethernet to the other machine?
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Yes... first... why not just copy the source wav file to the other machine and open it directly in SAW there... not sure what you are accomplishing by attempting to record it in realtime...

But... even so... your routing choice is incorrect... by moving the record tap pre eq/dyn, you are now recording before the wormhole plug... so you are recording blank data.

What you want to do is select the mixer chan as a record source... and use the routing option to place the pre patch point (wormhole) before the eq/dyn from the mixer menu.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Yes... first... why not just copy the source wav file to the other machine and open it directly in SAW there... not sure what you are accomplishing by attempting to record it in realtime...

But... even so... your routing choice is incorrect... by moving the record tap pre eq/dyn, you are now recording before the wormhole plug... so you are recording blank data.

What you want to do is select the mixer chan as a record source... and use the routing option to place the pre patch point (wormhole) before the eq/dyn from the mixer menu.

Bob L
    Bob;
    Thanks for the quick response, I am actually trying to use the sound over Ethernet method to bring in multiple sequenced tracks from Cubase to SS.
    In an attempt to reduce complexity and because I find SS so much more userfriendly, I decided to try to get this working using SS on both PCs. (before fighting with Cubase)

I will try as you suggest, using Mixer Chan as the Record Source and select: Pre-Fx Patch Signal Flow before eq/dyn for the same input.

I'll be rapt as a cabbage to get this working!

Regards....RobertV

Bob;

It's working!
    I now realize that it was working before when I was getting feedback, the cause for this turned out to be that pass-thru was clicked on Wormhole on the receiving end. Duhh

Thanks again - Sawstudio Rocks!

Robert V.