Close

1. Default BCF2000 Setup Guide for Beginners...

I created a 'Setup Guide' several months ago to help me and my friend remember how to setup the BCF2000 in SAC. It's a pretty easy process, but it's nice to have the steps laid out so you don't forget anything. I've edited it to try and make it a 'step by step' guide for beginners. Please let me know if I forgot anything or comments to make it better.

-JonniJi

=====================================
    How to setup the Berhinger BCF2000 as USB controller with SAC:

1)====> Setup the BCF2000 to use a USB channel..

-Turn the BCF2000 unit on. (Do not plug it into the computer yet!)
    -Press & Hold the 'Edit' key, then press the 'Store' key.(This will put the unit into Global Edit Mode).
    -Turn the first knob on Top Left until it shows 'U1'.
    (This sets the unit as to which USB bank to use)(There can be a total of 4xBCF2000's supported by USB 'U1-U4')
    -Press 'Exit' to save the setting to the BCF2000.
    -Turn off the unit...

(Note: for a multiple BCF2000 unit setup, many people use USB & Midi together. There are notes on the forum on how to do this).

2)====> Setup 'Windows' to see the BCF2000..

-Install the Windows BCF2000 Driver. You can use the driver that came with the unit or download a version from Behringer: (http://www.behringer.de/EN/Support/B...Downloads.aspx)

-Test it, plug-in to a USB port and turn on the BerhingerBCF2000 (Important!!! You must see the USB Device icon in lower right 'Taskbar' area.. .. This must be there to prove the

Computer sees the BCF2000!!!! Right-Click on this icon an confirm your computer sees the BCF2000 as a USB unit. If it's not there, reload the Driver for the BCF2000!!!

Once your computer sees and recognizes the BCF2000 in Windows, the setup as far as the 'Windows' side is done! :-)

UPDATE: Suggestions from 'Trakzilla'
    -it seems that the Behringer driver doesn't work well with all Windows machines. It's suggested to try and use the 'Windows' driver first, then use the Behringer driver if the Windows Driver doesn't work.
    -If using the Behringer driver, remember that it installs itself to specific 'physical' usb port on your computer, if you connect the BCF2000 to another port accidentally, it won't work unless you also install the driver to that port as well. So once you've installed the BCF2000 driver correctly to a specific USB port, continue to plug the BCF2000 into the same USB port each time you use it. (The windows driver doesn't care where you plug the BCF2000 in).

3)====> Upload the SAC Configuration MIDI Data into the BCF2000.. These notes are for the setup of 1 x BCF2000 unit..

-Run 'Bome's SendSX' program (http://www.bome.com/products/sendsx/downloads) (Or any Midi Data Transfer program).
    -Set the 'MidiIn' & 'MidiOut' from the menu to use the 'BCF2000; (this also proves the computer sees the BCF2000). :-)
    -'File', 'Open', browse & select 'C:\SAC\Configuration\MidiCntrl_Beringer2000_Ch_1-8_Preset.syx'. (Or C:\SACRemote\configuration\)
    -Then click the 'Send(F4)' button to transfer the SAC midi template to the BCF2000 unit (should see dancing dashes ring around the display to prove that it's dumping correctly to the BCF2000.

4)====> Setup SAC to see/use the BCF2000..

-'Options' , 'MidiDevice Setup', select the BCF2000 for the 'Midi-Control Device In & Out'.
    -'Smpte/Midi-Select' pulldown, then 'MidiControl-In Active' & 'MidiControl-Out Active' (You should hear the BCF2000 make a noise, maybe even see the Faders move. This is a good sign!!! :-)

-'File' pulldown, Select 'Midi-ControlTemplate', 'Open', select select 'C:\SAC\Configuration\MidiCntrl_Beringer2000_Ch_1-8_Preset.syx'.

******** You should now be setup to run SAC with 1xBCF2000 unit ********

5)====> Test and Save in the SAC Preference.

-'File' pulldown, 'Preferences', 'Save as Default'. (This will have SAC load the above Midi settings each time you open SAC).

====>DONE...

ALSO FYI: I wanted to mention that using the BCF2000 on a 'Remote' machine with 'SAC REMOTE' has it's advantages. Primarily if/when for some reason the BCF2000 becomes unresponsive during a show. You can simply restart 'SAC REMOTE' which in turn will reinitialize the BCF2000 with out affecting the live performance. I've had to do this a couple of times and it's been a really good thing. In the past, if the BCF2000 was plugging into the 'HOST' SAC Unit and it became unresponsive, there was no way to get it to reinitialize without stopping and restarting SAC which is not always possible at a show.
    Last edited by JonniJi; 03-05-2010 at 02:51 PM.

2. Default Re: BCF2000 Setup Guide for Beginners...

Thank you for this
    2-Amd 3.0GHZ Dual core 2Gig-ram,1Gig video Card.
    2-800watt power supply.
    2-Hammerfall 9652's 3- Ada8000's
    2-Bfm- Titans
    4-Bfm -Dr250's
    2-wedgehorn 10's
    Windows Xp Sp2

Default Re: BCF2000 Setup Guide for Beginners...

I think the cheese slid off my cracker, How do I install the "windows" driver before plugging in the BCF2000.
    Phil

E8500 2gig XP SP3 DIGI9652 ADA8000 x3

Default Re: BCF2000 Setup Guide for Beginners...

the windows driver already lives in windows, it activates with no interaction other than hooking up the BCF to a USB port...that's why I suggest trying it first

One of my best techs likes to complain about new technology, he told me just the other day:

"I only have so much mind still working & it's full right now, if I learn something new, something else has to go...I might forget how to operate cheese"

That made your post double funny to me
    Ramsey
    Kingsnake Sound Company
    Host:1U Supermicro rack case/I5-3570K/ASUS Sabertooth Z77/8GB Ram, 32GB SATA flash OS drive/250GB SATA storage drive/DVD-RW/HP1U KVM/DLink DIR-655 WirelessN OS: Win7 I/O: MOTU PCIx-424, 3x MOTU 2408mk3, 9xADA8000 Plugs:RML Levelizer,SAWverb; DualLinkwitzRileyFilter; Voxengo Gliss; ReaXcomp; Dominion; + testing others
    Typical Show:24-40 Channel, 4-8 mixes+sidefill, Stereo FOH+SAW multitracking
    Buffer & load: 2x32, 25-55% depending