Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default 2 issues wit 3.9c

I tried SSL39c for the first time to day. I noticed that the build mix routine was considerable slower than usual. Anyone else experienced the same?

Another thing: While in automation mode I couldn't change the routing on the output channels. They changed apperantly, but when returning to the channel it still has it old settings.

Bjørn
    Try out the original SS SilverShades. Designed by BIT.
    Bjørn I Tysse
    BIT Lyd
    Bergen, Norway

Default Re: 2 issues wit 3.9c

Channel output routing is not automatable. It must be in place when the engine is started and it cannot be changed on the fly.

Curious about the buildmix slowing down, that was one of the things that 3.9c should have enhanced.

All of my systems resulted in about a 10-15% speed up with the new code.

Time out a build mix of a specific edl in the 3.9b and then the exact same in the 3.9c and tell me the results.

Bob L

Hi,

Another thing: While in automation mode I couldn't change the routing on the output channels. They changed apperantly, but when returning to the channel it still has it old settings.
    I had this strange behavior in the past also. Sometimes it seems that the Input Channel is routed to an output track, but in fact, it isn`t. After I closed / opened the program all was fine... I could never reproduce the situation though... it is not common... Maybe changing the routing while automation mode is on is the culprit?

Best regards,
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Plug ins - RMLLabs, Sonoris, JMS, Waves, Antares, SIR2
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.

I'll look into that... I never have run into a problem, although I guess I know what SAWStudio can and can't do intimately... so its not a fair test.

Bob L

I've had this trouble, too. I'll make an assignment on an output track and a couple seconds later it'll change back to what it was before. Maybe automation mode is the culprit?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Ok, if Automation Mode is active and you change an output track assignment, as soon as you start playback, it will default back to its original setting... this is handled correctly on input and return tracks... but not on output tracks...

I'll make a note to fix it.

Bob L

Hey Bob, I'll chime in on the build mix function as well. I've noticed a significant slow down too.

I'll get back to you with some figures ASAP.

-0z-
    Glenn "Oz" Fricker
    Spectre Sound Studios
    www.spectresound.ca

Need crushing guitar tone? Contact me about reamping!

Ok, here's the score:

Mixing in 3.9c: 11 minutes 30 seconds
    Mixing in 3.9b: 2 minutes 28 seconds.

This is the same song, fx, automation, everything.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, Bob!

-0z-
    Glenn "Oz" Fricker
    Spectre Sound Studios
    www.spectresound.ca

Need crushing guitar tone? Contact me about reamping!

Ack! I just tried too...

8 track project, p4 3.6ghz, 2gb ram, matrox g4500, rme hdsp and emu 1212m

3.9b - 29 seconds

3.9c - 6 minutes 50 seconds

yikes!!

Another project I have up and going 32 tracks took 1 minute 32 seconds in 3.9b ... in 3.9c Im still going after about 9 minutes with 85% left.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L
    Ok, if Automation Mode is active and you change an output track assignment, as soon as you start playback, it will default back to its original setting... this is handled correctly on input and return tracks... but not on output tracks...

I'll make a note to fix it.

Bob L
    Excellent! Thanks, Bob!
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts