Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mix feedback

1. Default Mix feedback

Hey all can I get your feedback on this mix ? , it is for our next album and I am responsible for the mix's and I cant always trust my ears, after all Im am HIP deep into this ( writing eng. playing producing etc. )

Thanks
    Buzz

Title : Feel me , use the link below

Feel Me 1A.mp3

Default Re: Mix feedback

reminds me of shine down, Nickleback and a host of other AOR bands, not that thats a bad thing.

I would have tried to soften the opening strings, a bit brittle before the vocals. Find the verb at the start puts too much air in, moves him away from the strings rather than playing with the strings.

try a 1-2 db duck on the solo guitar keyed of the vocs, longish release.

mix for mastering wher the second half with be squashed but the first will reain dynamic.

I really like this, when can I buy the album?

iain
    life will bring what life brings, without rain, sun is a curse

Iain Westland info@paddedcellrecords dot co dot uk

Uk 796 then 200 plus 5712

What Ian said. A bit less verb on the opening vocal lines for me. A tad more kick and snare, and pull the lead guitar back into the track. Strings sound OK to me.

Minor tweaks.

Mark

What Mark and Ian said, sounds OK overall to me

timing on drums and gtr at the end maybe a bit off. Lead Gtr back. Drums seam a bit small. lead vocal maybe pitchie on holding notes ,

Your very close , good work so far.

fvf
    Last edited by ffarrell; 03-07-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: added stuff
    Frank V. Farrell
    TD / Kenny Rogers Productions
    W0FVF
    ETTI,LLC
    http://www.CIALLC.com

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Buzz,
    I would lower the lead guitar a tad.
    The only reason I say that is because when the lead vocal comes back in after the center solo it sounds smaller than the guitar.
    The only thing that really bothers me about the mix is the bass guitar.
    It lacks depth and seems lost in the mix.
    I don't know if EQ can fix it or if it needs to be rerecorded but it's missing life and is causing an otherwise good mix to sound empty.

By the way - nice song & I think the overall mix is nice.

7. Default Re: Mix feedback

Thanks ALL !! , the feedback really helps me , I will look into the bass gtr issue , Not sure if I 1176'd it ? I normally do the 1176 really helps to glue the bass down.
    I am aware of the lead gtr , in the plans.

Again THANKS !!

8. Default Re: Mix feedback

The fades that are occurring seem somewhat premature or there are compression artifacts going on that are leaving it feel this way. The lead jumps a bit out too much. Just a bit, I like the effect of it but too much. But when singer holds notes the fades leave me feel like hearing is going.

Really like the song as well.
    Just an additional thought, the lead guitar solo might be a candidate for re-amping if you have a good room for it. Just to add some dimension to it.

I find myself pretty much in agreement with the comments of others here, except that sometimes re-amping can be helpful even if you do not have a "nice" room to do it in. The room where I keep my guitar rig and Leslie is little more than a short wide hallway, yet I have been able to get decent and useful results with re-amping (including pushing keyboard tracks through the Leslie) in that space.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com