Close

Default Another Levelizer question

Using SAWfull/4.9a and Levelizer/3.5 (only instance of the plug on Output 1, no other plugs in the current session)

I've noticed this before, but lately it's happened a few times and reminded me to mention the issue... and since Bob's working on updating the plugs...

Often times, when I'm adjusting the Levelizer peak limit and normalize functions while testing settings for a mixdown this will happen.

I've already got the limit and normalize settings, say 78% limit and 97% normalize... I either turn off the limiter with the menu, or scroll down to the off position. The normalizer will switch to Off at the same time.... at least in the display. If I check the normalizer menu, the check mark is still on 97%. If I click the normalizer up arrow, both displays jump to 100% and both menus read 100%. If I click the down arrow instead, the levelizer changes one increment lower than it was originally set (from 97% to 96%) and the limiter jumps to 100%. The same is true if I try the same thing using the menu choices.

What's even more odd to me is that I've only just discovered the above behavior when double-checking my settings before typing this message.
    What usually happens to me is that when I change the limiter to Off, the normalizer changes to Off. Then, I reset the limiter to the previous setting. The normalizer display still reads Off. The menu, however, still shows a check mark by 97% and choosing the 97% item from the menu does not update the display from Off to 97%. I then have to adjust the normalizer with the arrows. This appears to correct the problem.

I don't think it's a video card display issue, but if somebody else could check to be sure, that would be helpful.

DanT
    Last edited by UpTilDawn; 03-19-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Default Re: Another Levelizer question

Seems like you are missing the right-click Off/On design feature... the idea is you can preset your levels then right-clcik to turn off the peak limit and/or normalize while still maintaining the settings... so if they are OFF and you click for the popup menu, the check mark still shows you the current internal setting... you can then right-click to turn the option back ON at the previous setting... this feature is great for comparing the signal with and without these options engaged.

The two options also interact... the Peak Limit can be used by itself without the normalize... but the normalize depends on and interacts with the peak limit setting so will only work together with it.

Bob L

I don't understand your response, Bob.
    (Not the fact that I didn't realize there was a right-click feature..... very nice, by the way!)

But, I'm not using any right-clicks at all when this happens.
    Why does this happen at all when I'm left-clicking and/or scrolling?

(Not the part about the Normalizer following the limiter when the limit is set Off... that I understand).

DanT

By the way.... I really like that right-click feature!!! I could have used that a thousand times already!

It is working correctly... if you want to keep the same settings, then use the right-click to turn them on and off... if you start incrementing the PL you are starting from off and it will go up starting at 1%... with both off... if you now start incrementing the Normalize, then it starts the PL over at 100% expecting you to now reset the PL threshold.

Bob L

Interesting.... Has it always been that way?

I'll have to pay more attention.
    DanT

Yes.

Bob L