Quote Originally Posted by gdougherty View Post
Do you have problems seeing around the monitor and case cover?
Sorry, failed to answer your question.

No problems. I carry a Walmart folding stool (with back rest) that gives me clear line of sight over the case cover. The lower left picture below shows a bright outdoor situation with my home made sun shade (corugated cardboard, gaffer tape, black spray paint, velcro). I am sitting in a standard folding chair with display at right angles to stage in order to deal with sunshine. Am not using remote at this show. Am using two of my 12XLRx4TRS audio snakes for 24 inputs to ADA8k and 8 returns to power amps. This is my favorite set up when working by myself. Gives full control at FOH position.

If a band member wants to run monitors, or I have a second sound guy on the crew, will set up at stage side usualy on top of two 4U amp racks. This puts display at proper level for stand up monitor mixing. I take the notebook to FOH.

BTW, I use Shure PGX wireless for talk back. It also has a body pack transmitter used for iPod break music. Same iPod has my audio test signals. (sweeps, pink noise, drum kit). My iPhone has Stop Six RTA app. This lets me choose test sound and analyze room at any position.