Close

Default Using levelizer on FX F-Res Patches

Perhaps I do not understand the function of the F-Res Patches (and I can't find an explanation in the manual or help file as to which point it loops in, apart from "Final Res FX Patch on the output tracks" even though it displays on all the input tracks). And once something is patched in, it shows on all input tracks, even when that input track is assigned to another output.

I tried using it for the levelizer but it crashes SS or returns the following message "Buffer Changes on Output track 1 are not allowed"

Could someone enlighten me please!

Robert V.

Default Re: Using levelizer on FX F-Res Patches

Thanks that explains it , (I searched for F-Res, that did not return anything useful)
    Now I wonder even more why it displays on the input tracks and not just only on the outputs.

Robert V.

The Final Res patch point is only on the output tracks as the last and final patch point which operates at the final resolution for the mixdown.

The MultiTrack handles everything at the 24 bit res, but if you are mixing down to 16 bits, then the F-Res patch point is operating on 16 bit data.

It is not ON all the input chans... but if the F-Res patch window is visible it will continue to display what is patched into the last out track that you visited until you visit another one with something else patched.

The Pre and Pst patch windows will chase input, return and output tracks... the F-Res patch windows only chase the out tracks.

Bob L

Thanks, it makes a lot more sense now!

Robert V.