Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Guide to configuring BCF2000's. Single and dual units.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyHyde View Post
    Get MIDI OX/MIDI YOKE and hook everything up via separate USB channels and then link SAC into the appropriate MIDI OX/MIDI YOKE devices.
    Hey RandyHyde, thanks for the response! I was wondering if that would be the case, I'd seen that another place. I'm going to need information on how do the part I included in the above quote. I'm not familiar with MIDI OX or MIDI YOKE. Would I need to use both, or just the OX? In the original "How To" post, he talks about changing the "edit/store" to U_4 and S_3 for it to see both, what settings would I need to change for four BCFs? I appreciate all the help!
    Custom SAC Host Build
    - Intel i5 760 2.8GHZ
    - Asus P7P55 LX
    - 2x WD1501FASS 1.5TB Black Edition
    - 4GB A-DATA DDR3 1333
    - XFX Radeon HD 4550 512MB
    - RAIDMAX 730W PSU
    - Athena Power Rackmount Server Case

Quote Originally Posted by mrdisco View Post
    Hey RandyHyde, thanks for the response! I was wondering if that would be the case, I'd seen that another place. I'm going to need information on how do the part I included in the above quote. I'm not familiar with MIDI OX or MIDI YOKE. Would I need to use both, or just the OX? In the original "How To" post, he talks about changing the "edit/store" to U_4 and S_3 for it to see both, what settings would I need to change for four BCFs? I appreciate all the help!
    You'll need both. MIDI Yoke allows you to slip simple application in between device drivers (so they can act like a device driver), MIDI-OX is an application that links in via MIDI-Yoke to (among other things) merge two or more (four in this case) into the same MIDI stream. Basically, this lets you pick four different BCF-2000 MIDI streams and merge them into a single MIDI stream.

There are two advantages to doing it this way: USB is much faster than MIDI (quite visible with motorized faders); the "stock" 4-BCF implementation can have glitches when multi-byte MIDI commands are sent from two different controllers (the bytes can be intermixed; MIDI-OX fixes this).

I think Steve Kuithe posted the 4-bcf setup instructions around here. I'm not near my SAC setup, so I wouldn't trust explaining it from memory.
    Cheers,
    Randy Hyde
    -------------------
    For the interested, SAC setup here: http://www.plantation-productions.co.../SACSetup.html
    Plantation Productions:http://www.plantation-productions.com

I've been over the forum a couple times and haven't found the four BCF2k setup. I installed and messed with MIDI-YOKE last night, and the only thing I can mange to do is lock up the system Would someone be able to explain how MIDI-YOKE/ MIDI-OX needs to be setup in order for SAC to see them properly?
    Custom SAC Host Build
    - Intel i5 760 2.8GHZ
    - Asus P7P55 LX
    - 4GB A-DATA DDR3 1333
    - RAIDMAX 730W PSU

I've been over the forum a couple times and haven't found the four BCF2k setup. I installed and messed with MIDI-YOKE last night, and the only thing I can mange to do is lock up the system Would someone be able to explain how MIDI-YOKE/ MIDI-OX needs to be setup in order for SAC to see them properly?
    I won't be near my SAC setup for a couple of days to try things out, but look here and see if this answers your questions:
    http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/...000#post155057
    Cheers,
    Randy Hyde
    -------------------
    For the interested, SAC setup here: http://www.plantation-productions.co.../SACSetup.html

WOW! @RandyHyde that worked like a dream! It was a little over my head, but I got it working! The only problem I have is that if I move more than one fader it is very laggy, and sometimes misfires the fader. Is there something I can do to help that lag?
    Custom SAC Host Build
    - Intel i5 760 2.8GHZ
    - Asus P7P55 LX
    - 4GB A-DATA DDR3 1333
    - RAIDMAX 730W PSU

WOW! @RandyHyde that worked like a dream! It was a little over my head, but I got it working! The only problem I have is that if I move more than one fader it is very laggy, and sometimes misfires the fader. Is there something I can do to help that lag?
    I'll have to wait until I get home on Saturday to fire up my system. I only have two BCF-2000 units right now, but I don't remember any appreciable lag or problems.
    Cheers,
    Randy Hyde
    -------------------

Engage the per route MIDI filters on the map screen. Right click on the map lone.
    Deselect all add only the channel for that controller.1_8 uses MIDI channel 1 ,1-16 uses MIDI channel 2 etc. Do this on each map ch ins and outs.

This will speed it up alt give good cross unit response.

KUI

Hey thanks so much everyone! I've got all four BCFs working with the SAC remote. It works wonderfully! I'm posting another question on the main SAC forum if you guys could take a look at that as well! Thanks!
    Custom SAC Host Build
    - Intel i5 760 2.8GHZ
    - Asus P7P55 LX
    - 4GB A-DATA DDR3 1333
    - RAIDMAX 730W PSU

Thought I'd wrap this into the thread for BCF setups.
    Posted by busband over here: http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/...0&postcount=18

I made a Microsoft Word Doc of how I did the configuration and setup, I have seen various other setups on the forum here also but this is what worked for me.

BCF-2000 USB configuration setup using up to four units.
    You will first need to go to www.midiox.com and download midiox. Also go to http://www.maplemidi.com/Maple_driver.html and download the Maple Virtual Midi Cable, this one allows a donation and it should be considered.

Install midiox

turn them on one at a time and make sure on each one that it is in the USB 1 mode, then plug them one at a time into USB port or USB adapter. (You will for sure want to make note of which unit is plugged into which USB port and plug them up the same way every time.) Windows will automatically install a default driver, this is fine for now.

Now that you have all BCF plugged in and turned on with the windows default driver, run the bcf2000 driver setup, it will automatically install the driver for however many units you have connected and once completed it will indicate that it has successfully completed.

Open midiox and click view and open sysex, hit file and then send sysex file, browse to the SAC folder on your C drive and open the Configuration folder, if using more than one BCF you will need to turn them on one at a time and select the channel order configuration for each one such as; MidiCtrl_Behringer_BCF2000_8-Ch.mct ***8211; for ch 1-8 and so on, once the configuration has completed sending make sure you select a preset on the BCF and click the store button twice.

Once all of the configuration files have been completed close midiox. Change the mode of the first BCF 2000 which would be the one that has CH 1-8 configuration to USB 4 mode, for each of the remaining BCF change them to USB 3 mode.

Open midiox, go to view and open sysex, click on sysex at top and open configure, on the section Output Timing, change both of the buffer delays to 100. Click ok, close sysex and then close midiox.

Install maple virtual midi cable driver.

Once completed

open midiox go to options and open the midi devices window

at the bottom you will see a check box that says; automatically attach inputs to outputs during selection: UNCHECK the box.

In the input window select only these in this order
    maple midi in: port 2
    bcf2000(1)
    bcf2000(2)
    bcf2000(3)

In the output window select only these in this order
    maple midi out: port 1
    bcf2000(1)
    bcf2000(2)
    bcf2000(3)

Click ok to close the midi options device window.
    They may have multiple names and you may need to go back to this to reselect later, we will get to that.

Monitor-Output should already be open in midiox by default it is a black screen that says Monitor-Output at the top.
    Stretch the midiox window a little and click on the Green midi icon on the tool bar, if you mouse over it says Display Port activity monitor. Pull that down under the Monitor-Output screen so you can see both.
    move a fader on BCF(1), watch the port monitor, it should be port 1 that lights up, and on the additional BCF moving a fader should light up their sequence that they are in such as; port 2,3,4. If they do not match you will need to move them into the order in which the ports show they are and go back and resend the required Configuration file via Sysex for that channel order.

In midiox on the menu, click view and open Port Routings.

Right click in the middle of the screen and select Disconnect All.

Now click and drag BCF 1 input to Maple Midi out 1 and for each additional unit.

Now click and drag BCF 1 output to Maple Midi in 2 and for each additional unit.
    On the lines that connect BCF to Maple midi in***8217;s and out***8217;s, right click on the small dot in the middle of each line and select Properties. You will see a selection of 16 channels, at the bottom hit none; this will clear all channels, for BCF 1 select Chanel 1 only then click ok. Do this for all of the rest of the lines making note of which BCF unit make sure to select Chanel 2 for BCF unit 2 and channel 3 for BCF unit 3 and channel 4 for BCF unit 4. You will do this for input lines and output lines. Once completed click the X at the top right of the Midi port routing window.

Now watching the port monitor on the screen move the first BCF units fader, You should see port one light up and also see data moving in the Monitor output window.
    Moving a fader on each of the additional units should light up the input for that unit and also have output data flowing in the Monitor-Output window.

Open SAC-Remote, in the menu select Options then open Midi device setup, select the Maple Midi In port 1 for input and Maple Midi Out port 2 for output. There may be more than one Maple output so there may be a need to come back to open this and change if moving a fader on SAC-Remote does not move the corresponding fader on the BCF 2000. Once ports have been assigned click ok.
    In the menu select Smpte/Midi and select Midi-Control In Active and then reselect menu Smpte/Midi and select Midi-Control Out Active.
    Go to menu and select File, the open Midi-Control Template File and click open, select the file ***8220;MidiCtrl_Behringer_BCF2000_8-Ch.mct ***8220; or which one matches your fader count such as the 16,24,or 32, click open.
    Go to menu and click File, click Preference file, click Save Default if you would like to have this setup every time you open SAC-Remote or you can click save and save as a name of your choice and this would require you to come back to Preference File and open the name you created in order to use the BCF 2000 faders.
    Don***8217;t forget to mark your BCF-2000, cables, USB ports so that you won***8217;t need to go back and re-route all of the settings later.