Close

Default Feature request for out bus assign menus

Bob, would it be possible to change the bus assign pop up menus (for the inputs and aux returns) to read the names given to the output channels instead of the hardware device names?

Default Re: Feature request for out bus assign menus

I have a request too, Bob. I would like it if I could temporarily (or permanently) turn off the names of the files that are emblazoned upon the tracks in the multitrack. The reason is that sometimes the names makes it difficult to see visual wave/sample cues when attempting to line two or more tracks up. Most of the time, I'm more interested in what I have called the track than what you have called it anyway.

John,

You can already turn offthe multitrack region names... or... better yet... try using the top or bot position and turn on the auto stereo center... this keeps the region names out of the way of the wave displays.

The option is the Entry Name Position in the MultiTrack menu.

Dave, I am working on a way to name the hardware devices.

Bob L

4. Default Re: Feature request for out bus assign menus

Bob, how difficult would it be to allow (more than one) remotes to select different hardware? Solo & Mon locked. Sorry for the mis-post.
    Last edited by ChrisCotton; 06-26-2010 at 10:28 PM.
    Chris Cotton
    6Sensory Event Services
    Host: RME, ADA8K, HeadPhone/BT, UPS, CPC/XLR, USB3 & eSATA Xfer Dock Plugs: RMLLabs, BT stuff, Voxengo, Sony, Eventide, Aether, Autotune, more
    Remotes: FOH (field) (1), Laptops (stage) (5)
    Typical Show: 4.1 main mix, 7 monitor mixes/side/frontfills/ears, Producer feed, Talkback, Gigabit wired & N WiFi
    Buffer & load: 2x128, 25-55% Lovin' every minute of it Just love well written software

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Dave, I am working on a way to name the hardware devices.
    That'll be a nice feature to have.

Unless I'm misunderstanding how you'll implement it, I don't think it's the same idea I'm presenting here.

In a scenario where we're using outputs as subgroups, wouldn't we rather see our output channel labels than our hardware device labels? If I'm assigning a kick channel to the 'drums' subgroup, that's what I'd like to see when I click the pop up menu zone.

Hopefully I'm explaining it clearly...