Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Has Anybody Gigged with 2.6 Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Can you give me some step by step so I can try to duplicate your problems... I have not seen either of these issues here.

Perhaps you have some network sharing issues or something else interfering with the remote operation.

Bob L
    Hi Bob,

configuration:

SAC runs on XP-SP3
    Remote is win7
    Connection is made via CAT-5 cable using a router. Fixed IP-Addresses are used.
    Under windows it is possible to access the other computer and the SAC folder and subfolder via network.

Trying to save a mix using the remote on the master fails.
    Saving a mix on the the remote using the remot succeds when I use the network path (fails on D:\SAC...., works on \\Laptop\SAC....).
    In this configuration also 'Save and Update' works.
    Creation of a scene works under this conditions, but recall shows 'file not found'.

As I mentioned I got a problem with my touchpad, which goes crazzy due to humidity (we have a real hot summer here).
    After changing to the mouse I regained control over the system, but realized that one input was not working, but showing level in the meter. I checked the settings using F2 (Full Mixer) and everything seems to be okay. After some time I realized that the low-cut fq shows 100Hz, which was the default value and I knew that I had it changed before. After some switching between the views the Full Mixer View shows 15kHz as the setting for the lowcut. I changed the setting back to 130 Hz and the input is working again.

As far as I remembered I tried to recall a sceen before the show, which failed, so there might be some error message on the master (I did not have a monitor attached to it), which might have affected the synchronisation. I'm sure that there has been a lot of messages sent to the master during the touchpad problem.

I'm using the nitesky shade.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

2. Default Re: Has Anybody Gigged with 2.6 Yet?

Share the whole drive, not just \sac

3. Default Re: Has Anybody Gigged with 2.6 Yet?

905 has it right: Reference old thread

http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/...hp?t-9535.html

It sounds like a sharing problem... plus... Win 7 adds extra permissions rights in ownership and administration rights as well... and can cause limits to your ability to read and write files across the network... seeing the host is not enough for some of those operations the remote requires complete red/write sharing access to the host folders.

As far as your touchpad is concerned... don't use it... use a mouse that works... simple as that... you are just asking for trouble to go into a live show with a flaky touchpad or mouse or trackball... make sure your user interface hardware is working properly.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    It sounds like a sharing problem... plus... Win 7 adds extra permissions rights in ownership and administration rights as well... and can cause limits to your ability to read and write files across the network... seeing the host is not enough for some of those operations the remote requires complete red/write sharing access to the host folders.

As far as your touchpad is concerned... don't use it... use a mouse that works... simple as that... you are just asking for trouble to go into a live show with a flaky touchpad or mouse or trackball... make sure your user interface hardware is working properly.

Bob L
    I know you have answered this before, but do you have a list of explanation on how to enable the extra permissions in Windows 7, Vista, etc.

Not written down... I've only done it twice and it was a wild ride to make it all happen.

You have to change ownership, then permissions of the user group and who knows what else...

Perhaps a network genius here could layout the steps.

XP was sure a lot easier.

Bob L

7. Default Re: Has Anybody Gigged with 2.6 Yet?

Ran SAC 2.6 for the first time in church (hotel) this Sunday. Ran SAC remote on my Macbook pro running XPpro SP3. Small setup so I didn't bother using the BCF2000 but we have tested it out on the MAC/XP set up and it works great. Just need to figure out how to run the multi-media music back to the host wirelessly.

Thanks Bob, your product is awesome!

Kind of weird bringing in one case that contains the Mixers, Processor Rack and Snake. I had to run around the hotel a couple of times to exhaust myself so I would feel normal. I think next week I will take a turn lugging in a couple cases of KJ Bibles. lol.