Close

Default Is there a way to quickly jump to a particular channel with an F-Key or some such?

It would be hand to be able to quickly jump to a particular channel immediately with one key press. Is this already possible. It seems like it would be, but I must not be doing it right. I just need it to get to the WinAMP break music playback channel to start another set. I guess I could also experiment with a scene that would fade the break music down while unmuting all the stage inputs.

2. Default Re: Is there a way to quickly jump to a particular channel with an F-Key or some such

Yep, when you save F-key views you can save the start channel.

3. Default Re: Is there a way to quickly jump to a particular channel with an F-Key or some such

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    I guess I could also experiment with a scene that would fade the break music down while unmuting all the stage inputs.
    Scenes are my favorite part of digital mixing. I find them very easy to build in SAC I do it during practice or even during the church service if something new comes up that I think might happen again. Give them a name save and go.

Every scene has all the channels I will use moved to somewhere in the first 16 (I have 16 physical faders) A couple of handy things I have found. There is a button on each ch of my control surface (Motormix) that will jump the SAC hot channel to that ch. I keep the wide setting on screen, and I have a quick way to get to everything on any ch. in the active screen.

Also if you leave the mouse in the scene window, then typing the first letter of the scene will cue that scene. Tapping the space bar takes me there.

I just sit there and type one key, At the right time hit space, make small adjustments with the faders, when things are right, tap the key for the next scene and I am ready.

This is probably old stuff for most but for a guy who 6 weeks ago was all over a 32 ch analog board trying to keep up, I am loving it.

Frank

4. Default Re: Is there a way to quickly jump to a particular channel with an F-Key or some such

Hit shift+F1-12 to save a window layout to that F-key. Check the box that says "save hot channel" when you're saving it. Hit that f-key to recall it.