Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question to Bob

Default Question to Bob

Hi Bob,

I am building a new box and I will be running a SAC/SS combo in it. You've always recommended (at least in the past) MME drivers, but lately this trend seems to be changing. What is the first type of driver (MME or ASIO) you would recommend to use for a new DAW (with RME).

Thanks!
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Plug ins - RMLLabs, Sonoris, JMS, Waves, Antares, SIR2
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.

Default Re: Question to Bob

i use asio with my rme cards (the older ones hd96) and never had a driver related problem
    life will bring what life brings, without rain, sun is a curse

Iain Westland info@paddedcellrecords dot co dot uk

Uk 796 then 200 plus 5712

I and others liked the MME results for different reasons in the past... not the least of which was a perceived better audio quality by some of us...

But... these days, with all the rage being about stability at low low latencies... and with that being the primary focus of a SAC system... and with Vista dropping the MME standard... it seems that for the moment, the ASIO drivers are the ones of choice.

Hopefully, in the near future, I can convince some of the companies to jump in on an improved DWave spec for use with SAC, and as SAC grows in popularity, then that may change.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    I and others liked the MME results for different reasons in the past... not the least of which was a perceived better audio quality by some of us...

But... these days, with all the rage being about stability at low low latencies... and with that being the primary focus of a SAC system... and with Vista dropping the MME standard... it seems that for the moment, the ASIO drivers are the ones of choice.

Hopefully, in the near future, I can convince some of the companies to jump in on an improved DWave spec for use with SAC, and as SAC grows in popularity, then that may change.

Bob L
    Hey Bob:

Regarding DWAVE has RME ever showed some interest?
    Lord willing

Chris
    Warren @ The Masters Tracks

Not yet... Its been a while since I approached Mathias about it... I gave up for now...

I figure I'll wait to see if SAC gets imbedded in the live sound industry and then ask again.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Not yet... Its been a while since I approached Mathias about it... I gave up for now...

I figure I'll wait to see if SAC gets imbedded in the live sound industry and then ask again.

Bob L
    I wish you the best on that, could be a hard road to hoe, but SAC is definetly the product to make it happen, As long as everyone does not buy the computer I did. You have a great console replacement in SAC.

I hope DWAVE gets approved by Matthias for SAC an SAW, I think it would surely benifet his customers as well as yours.

Thanks

Chris
    Warren @ The Masters Tracks

Hi All,

And what about if we, users, start sending emails to RME (Mathias) asking them to take a serious look in this direction (DWave)?
    They mention SAWStudio in their manual as being one of the first softwares to allow good performance with MME drivers... I think this is a good recognition of SS's technical capabilities... they might listen to us.
    What do you think?

Cheers!
    Last edited by Carlos Mills; 11-25-2008 at 06:33 PM.
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Plug ins - RMLLabs, Sonoris, JMS, Waves, Antares, SIR2
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.

Several of us wrote on the RME board over a year ago but it wasn't a blip on their radar. It may help if we organize a bunch of us to all write at the same time. RME is the most highly recommended hardware on this board and as Bob says, maybe SAC will get them moving.

9. Default Re: Question to Bob

Quote Originally Posted by jazzboxmaker View Post
    Several of us wrote on the RME board over a year ago but it wasn't a blip on their radar. It may help if we organize a bunch of us to all write at the same time. RME is the most highly recommended hardware on this board and as Bob says, maybe SAC will get them moving.
    While you are at it, you can add "drop the price of Micstasy"

Carlos,

This is a great idea. My limited understanding of DWave tells me that it would improve performance and stability ... is this even possible?
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio