Close

Default SAC 24 Stereo monitor mixes?

The website speaks of 24 stereo monitor mixes. Could someone assist: how does one achieve this? I realize the 6 aux sends can be used as 6 monitor outs, but how does one use more than those six (the additional 18)?

I realize it may have something to do with the out faders being assigned to their own outs etc, but I'm still hazy. Are we talking post-fader thus? and dependant upon FOH mix?

Please, if someone could hint.

Cheers

2. Default Re: SAC 24 Stereo monitor mixes?

I asked a sorta similar question a while back. I believe the answer to your question will be found in this thread.

http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/...ad.php?t=10412

Doug Danforth

3. Default Re: SAC 24 Stereo monitor mixes?

It consist of 24 layers of the complete mixer, totally independent from each other. All of them can address the respective first eight bus to any of your audio hardware interface outputs.
    The first Mixer number "00" is your front of house,the others are your 24 "monitor console" each with it's own setting for "tap point" so to say "where" you want to split the signal from the FOH console!
    ...and I love it!

Default Re: SAC 24 Stereo monitor mixes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstudio View Post
    The website speaks of 24 stereo monitor mixes. Could someone assist: how does one achieve this? I realize the 6 aux sends can be used as 6 monitor outs, but how does one use more than those six (the additional 18)?

I realize it may have something to do with the out faders being assigned to their own outs etc, but I'm still hazy. Are we talking post-fader thus? and dependant upon FOH mix?

Cheers
    The software creates 25 separate mixing consoles
    1 FOH
    24 Monitor Mixes

Each full console is 72 channels with 6 stereo AUX send/return strips, 16 stereo subgroups and 8 stereo master faders.

You do not use the AUX sends for monitor mixes, you use one of the 24 full-consoles for each mix.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstudio View Post

I realize it may have something to do with the out faders being assigned to their own outs etc, but I'm still hazy. Are we talking post-fader thus? and dependent upon FOH mix?

Cheers
    Assuming you've downloaded the demo correct?

There is a bar at the top of the screen that says Mixer - FOH - Main.

If you click on that bar you'll see a pop up with a list that shows 24 Monitor mixers in addition to the FOH Mixer.

Think of SAC this way, you essentially have 25 mixers with the following configuration:

72 Mono or Stereo Inputs
    6 Aux Send - Returns (which you can use with plug-ins or you can send to hardware I/O if you wish)
    16 Mono/Stereo Submasters (Outputs 9-24)
    8 Mono/Stereo Outputs (Outputs 18)

Each console has that same configuration.

You patch your physical sound card inputs on the FOH Mixer. Then on each of the 24 monitor mixers you can choose a tap point in relation to the FOH mixer. Think of it almost as a giant splitter snake, minus all the heavy cable.

I drew up a block diagram for SAC a while back. You can get it off my web site here:
    http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html

Click on the SAC Diagram link.

That may help you see the signal flow of how it's all interconnected.

Hope that helps.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Ok folks...excllent...thanks for all the replies. This now makes a whole lotta sense. Gonna tryout on the demo!

:-D