Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Tesla and SAC in Salt Lake Utah

It IS surprising to me and to everyone else hear Steve's SAC system just how clean it sounds.
    After almost a year and a half I am still blown away by how good my rig sounds with SAC!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Just a guess here, but he's probably not using scenes for mute groups for the same reason I suggested having a mute group function, because scenes are overkill for mute groups, and can be dangerous if not very careful, and take more time to set up which can lead to not setting them up in the first place. But what do I know. And no, I'm not Mark.
    That's why I only use them in installed sound scenarios for HOW's. When it's mostly the same band each week and the big need is to turn all the instruments on/off and transition to various speaking mics or video playback. I don't use them much for live music, but I'd certainly consider it if I were on tour with a band like Tesla doing mostly the same stuff over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by gdougherty View Post
    That's why I only use them in installed sound scenarios for HOW's. When it's mostly the same band each week and the big need is to turn all the instruments on/off and transition to various speaking mics or video playback. I don't use them much for live music, but I'd certainly consider it if I were on tour with a band like Tesla doing mostly the same stuff over and over.
    By the same token there is nothing worse when using automation to take the Scene (or whatever it might be called on other hardware or software) too soon, and you end up muting everything too soon.

As I've mentioned in the past, this is one of several reasons why I most use VCA type mixing, and all mic ups and downs are done by hand with a real fader. If you do it too soon... you just bring the fader right back up again. If it's mutes programmed into a scene, then bringing it all back up again if need be is a huge hassle, unless you just happen to have a scene already built to do that. Even then it's no where near as fast as just grabbing the fader.

But everyone will have their own way of doing it that they feel comfortable with. I see nothing wrong with what Steve was doing there. It is what works for him. If some toolbag looks at that and thinks that is the only way to turn a channel on and off without taking the time learn all the ways it really could be done... oh well his/her loss. And we'll probably all be better off without that type of user around.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Quote Originally Posted by RBIngraham View Post
    But everyone will have their own way of doing it that they feel comfortable with.
    +1
    If some toolbag looks at that and thinks that is the only way to turn a channel on and off without taking the time learn all the ways it really could be done... oh well his/her loss.
    +1 again.