Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MWS bug

Default Re: MWS bug

Not true... playback starting the middle of a fade or long softedge calculates the offset and begins at the proper value.

Bob L

Hm, just tried it again. In an edl with no automation, I placed a volume automation (to -infinity) in the middle of a track. Marked it and changed the slope to 10000 to make the fade take 10 seconds. Started playback before the automation and the fade happened as expected. Started playback about five seconds after the automation and heard no sound. The volume was already at infinity.

Again, not a problem, but not identical.

Thanks.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    Hm, just tried it again. In an edl with no automation, I placed a volume automation (to -infinity) in the middle of a track. Marked it and changed the slope to 10000 to make the fade take 10 seconds. Started playback before the automation and the fade happened as expected. Started playback about five seconds after the automation and heard no sound. The volume was already at infinity.

Again, not a problem, but not identical.

Thanks.
    Exactly as it works for me.

I've just always figured it was just a byproduct of changing the default fader slope and didn't think too much beyond that after discovering how it works.
    Also, not a problem, because I like using the feature so much.

Sorry... I was talking about a softedge... that does calculate in the middle of the fade.

Bob L

Thanks Bob. I never expected the MT to look back to pick up a change and a long slope. Works fine.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com