Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Recommended VST Plugin Manufacturers?

Quote Originally Posted by sstillwell View Post
    You could always try mine...*cough*stillwellaudio dot com*cough*

Note: My Event Horizon plugin in "Limit" mode has over 2000 samples of Latency...not something you want in SAC.

I have SAW and SAC and if a problem is ever found running under either host, I WILL fix it pronto. No issues known of at this time.

Scott
    Hi Scott,
    I've tried some of your plugs a while ago and they are, indeed, awesome. They provide some amazing effects and processing inside SAW.

In the interest of trying to help make a good product even better, please allow this comment and please don't take this as criticism:
    With limited screen space, I found the GUIs to take up too much room, and some of the GUIs were a little too *cough* ornate. Would you have any time and interest in making the GUIs smaller and less decorative? Just the necessary controls while taking up less screen space?

Thanks for your consideration and some great products.
    Regards,
    Ira
    Currently using:
    T43p Thinkpad w/XP SP3 for FOH, Subs and Front Fill Mixes (20% CPU load);
    T500 Thinkpad w/Win7 SP1 for 6 Monitor Mixes (15% CPU load)
    Running at 2x32
    2 Digifaces, 1 w/CardBus, 1 w/ExpressCard
    3-Octamic-D for mic inputs - using the dual outputs to split the ADAT signal to the Digifaces;
    1-RME ADI-8 Pro for all FOH sends; 1-RME ADI-8 Pro for all Monitor sends;

Can't promise anything, but I definitely hear you.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sstillwell View Post
    Can't promise anything, but I definitely hear you.

Scott
    That's another thing I say to my kids!

4. Default Re: Recommended VST Plugin Manufacturers?

The stand alone plugins from Reaper are pretty good and include a multi-band compressor and a delay that allows for tenths of a msec settings (good for setting speaker delays). I also use the Christian-W. Budde Lightweight Dynamics which has a Gate/Expander (real expansion, not just gating), compressor, and a limiter. His Dual Linkwitz-Riley Filters are tops for setting crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    Very informative Scott. Like I (meant to) mentioned... you'd have to premix to make sure you adjusted to effect desired. Interesting to know about the control signal being treated differently in the Monster plugin (a great way to custom shape a signal).

Another option is to use the Sonoris compressor included in the chain, which allows *negative* compression ratios.

Personally, my favorite would be a compressor which allows complete side chaining of the *control signal* (for example, patching into the control signal an entire parametric EQ).
    whoops.... Scott... I just realized YOU are the developer of the "Transient Monster".
    (no wonder you know so much about it).
    I'll be testing out your demos. The write-ups and graphics are impressive.
    (if I used them... I'm glad I have a second monitor to put them on - which solves the comment elsewhere made about space)
    You certainly know how to put the sizzle in the sound of marketing! Very impressive site.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

I like to think that I'm better at coding than marketing, but it's a fact that if you don't or can't speak for yourself, nobody else will...at least in any time frame that matters in a business sense. Truthfully, it's not meant to be market-speak...it's just my lame attempt at humor in most cases...or sometimes my graphics partner-in-crime, White Tie.

Scott