Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default spacebar, plug-in windows

Fellow SAW Peeps,

Other than the obvious possibility a plug-in might make use of it, is there any reason the spacebar couldn't remain functional (for transport) while any of the plug-in windows have the focus?

If the option were there, I'd use it.

Default Re: spacebar, plug-in windows

Well... when a plugin has the focus... it controls the keys it uses.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    Fellow SAW Peeps,

Other than the obvious possibility a plug-in might make use of it, is there any reason the spacebar couldn't remain functional (for transport) while any of the plug-in windows have the focus?

From the Help file:

Key: Spacebar
    Operation: Toggle playback On/Off
    Window: MultiTrack (All Modes) | SoundFile View | Regions View | Library View | Control Track View | All Mixer Views

Operation: Initiate SRP when record meters are active
    Window: MultiTrack (All Modes) | All Mixer Views

Operation: Stop normal record when record meters are active
    Window: MultiTrack (All Modes) | SoundFile View | All Mixer Views

Key: Shift-Spacebar
    Operation: Initiate playback of marked area
    Window: SoundFile View

Key: Ctrl-Spacebar
    Operation: Initiate playback and loop of marked area
    Window: SoundFile View
    Nothing appears to contraindicate your fantasy. I guess if there was a specific plug-in that used it, there could be a problem.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Dave... when a plugin has the focus, it has the keyboard and any key it wants to use... period... whether it uses the spacebar or not is not the point... the spacebar is trapped by that plugin that holds the window focus.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Dave... when a plugin has the focus, it has the keyboard and any key it wants to use... period... whether it uses the spacebar or not is not the point... the spacebar is trapped by that plugin that holds the window focus.
    Bummer.

Bob L
    I see. So the only way around that would be for you to "untrap" the spacebar for plug-ins (or somehow disable the plug-in window's focus). Which may not even be possible (if even desirable).
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Its very easy to disable the plugin focus... click the plugin... make your adjustments... then click back into one of the SS windows.

Now your spacebar is active again for SS.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    Fellow SAW Peeps,

I have seen this function available by default in most other daws. It is super helpful in order to quickly modify plug-in parameters. I would use it as well. But I get the feeling it will not happen for Sawstudio and there are enough other great things about Sawstudio that it's an issue that I have not decided to push.. It is probably pretty intricate to code or it would be done by now....
    Gigabyte - GA-EP45-DS3L, Quad Core 3.0 ghz -1333Mhz bus, Magma 32-bit x 13slot, 2 gig DDR-2 800, 2xRME AES32, 1 x UAD-2 Duo, 1 UAD-1e, 2 Powercore MKII, HighgPoint RocketRaid 3120, WinXP SP3, Nuendo, Samplitude, Sawstudio Pro, Reaper, ProTools, Wavelab

Its very easy to disable the plugin focus... click the plugin... make your adjustments... then click back into one of the SS windows.

Now your spacebar is active again for SS.

Bob L
    Or...after making your adjustments in the plugin...hit an F-key whose focus is on the desired SS window. Spacebar => SAWStudio.
    Míke È. Déè

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDee View Post
    Or...after making your adjustments in the plugin...hit an F-key whose focus is on the desired SS window. Spacebar => SAWStudio.
    Yes.... possibly dedicate an f key for plug-in manipulation. One that is stored with the proper focus and also has room for most plug-in interfaces. This is better than having to move your mouse away from the plug-in parameter that you are trying to manipulate, only for the purpose of making playback possible... I'll try this...............
    Gigabyte - GA-EP45-DS3L, Quad Core 3.0 ghz -1333Mhz bus, Magma 32-bit x 13slot, 2 gig DDR-2 800, 2xRME AES32, 1 x UAD-2 Duo, 1 UAD-1e, 2 Powercore MKII, HighgPoint RocketRaid 3120, WinXP SP3, Nuendo, Samplitude, Sawstudio Pro, Reaper, ProTools, Wavelab