Close

Thread: BCF2000 issue

Default BCF2000 issue

I am having issues with using the bcf2000 with sac. Using usb, I set midi-ox with 100ms delay, loaded all 4 of the sac configurations for the bcf, into preset 1-4 respectively for 32 channels.

Behringer is in u-1, all sysex sent to the behringer. Midi I/O set to usb audio device. I am currently using the windows drivers.

The behringer properly controls channels 1-32. Faders, pan, mute and solo all work properly. SMPTE Midi I/O are checked on.

Lets say I am in preset 1 on the behringer, which is channels 1-8, and I change a fader level with my mouse in SAC on channel 10. And now I switch to preset 2 (9-16) on the bcf, the new fader level on the bcf is at the old fader level position, not the new one. This also applies to pan, solo, mute.

Here is the catch, if I use the link hardware to hot channel, make several changes in SAC with the mouse, and select a hot channel, the bcf faders, pans, mutes, and solos, will update with the changes made in SAC.

I uninstalled the windows driver, and then tried to use the bcf drivers from behringer. Same issue. The same also applies if I run the bcf in s-4 and use the midi ports on my raydat. Issue can be duplicated on a laptop remote.

It seems that SAC isn't sending the the updated levels back to the behringer.

Any help is appreciated,
    Harley Morgan
    Harley Morgan

SAC Host: Intel H55 with I3-560, 320 gb hd, RME RayDat, 4x Behringer ADA8k

SAC: 1 x 64, 32channels, eq, dyn on all channels, 10 monitor mixes. 30%

System: Meyer UPA-1C (tops) SW118IV(subs) Yamaha CM15V (monitors)
    http://www.sixstringsclub.com

Default Re: BCF2000 issue

I assume that SAC recognizes only one BCF and so always sends the first 8 channel information only.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

The midi data for chan 10 is sent to a non-existing BCF when only the first preset is active...

SAC sends the data... but there is nothing on the other end to receive it.

You need 4 BCF units always connected if you want 32 faders... you can not use 1 and switch between presets. And... going past 16 chans with the BCF units can get fairly complex with the needed midi merge boxes or Midi-Ox virtual merge drivers due to the merge breaking apart the long NRPN strings and garbaging the data stream.... check the details in the helpfile.

Now... if you switch the BCF to a new preset... you must then force an update to the newly connected device by linking to the hot chan and changing the chan to force the new data to be received by the new unit.

Bob L

Thanks Bob, that seems to be the issue. I assumed the bcf would update with SAC when a preset is changed.
    Harley Morgan

SAC Host: Intel H55 with I3-560, 320 gb hd, RME RayDat, 4x Behringer ADA8k

SAC: 1 x 64, 32channels, eq, dyn on all channels, 10 monitor mixes. 30%

System: Meyer UPA-1C (tops) SW118IV(subs) Yamaha CM15V (monitors)
    http://www.sixstringsclub.com