Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Quick Questions about Video Overlay

Yes, the Syncheck II is great for setting the video offset, but of course there's no way to know how much of the latency is due to the FW output versus the LCD input. In any event, I could be opening up a can of worms. Clearly it's essential that all the monitors have the same amount of latency. I see that Apple makes a DVI to composite adapter, but I don't know if that will work outside of the Mac world. I'll have to do a little digging.

Gefen, makes relatively inexpensive video down-converters. I bought one that converts HDMI to composite for RED camera monitoring on my Location Cart. I'm sure they have one that converts DVI to composite.

Teddy Hallaron

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Hallaron View Post
    Gefen, makes relatively inexpensive video down-converters. I bought one that converts HDMI to composite for RED camera monitoring on my Location Cart. I'm sure they have one that converts DVI to composite.
    Thanks for that suggestion (though Gefen makes very few products that are even relatively inexpensive!). Interestingly, they don't make a DVI to composite converter or adapter, and after a fairly exhaustive search, I don't believe such an animal exists anywhere. My best bet would be an updated video distribution amp, but even that provides few options. I did find one video DA that would take an incoming S-video signal and split it out to multiple composites, but that might still be problematic because of combining the analog S-video with the digital DVI. I'm afraid I'm stuck with analog for the foreseeable future, at least for sessions where I need all my monitors active and in sync.