Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Road Casing the Remote

Getting ready with my re-config of my SAC system.
    Taking what Steve did with his, I've taken it a little further.

DJ case with sliding laptop shelf
    BCF2000
    T61 Thinkpad
    HP w2207h (still mounted to its stand)

Later I'll mount my 3M (same size)

Just wanted to post pics for those who would want to give this a try.

Hap
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Default Re: Road Casing the Remote

What is the total weight of that setup with the lid on? Looks to me as though the coffin case itself weighs at least half as much as the equipment that contains it.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    What is the total weight of that setup with the lid on? Looks to me as though the coffin case itself weighs at least half as much as the equipment that contains it.
    I haven't got to weigh it yet but it's about 50-60 lbs.. I can pick it up by the handle but it has built-in wheels so the weight is not an issue.

Hap

Quote Originally Posted by HapHazzard View Post
    I haven't got to weigh it yet but it's about 50-60 lbs.. I can pick it up by the handle but it has built-in wheels so the weight is not an issue.

Hap
    Until you have to take it up a flight of stairs...
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

That sure does look cool Hap! I like the look quite a bit...
    Best to all!
    David

6. Default Re: Road Casing the Remote

Just in case you guys are interested here is the link to the case he has. I don't know how they are set up now since I see they are showing the map at 206 but up until recently they only showed list. You can look up Siglars Music if they want sell direct or just look them up on ebay. Dealer cost is not much lower than that. Also this OSP stuff as far as their ATA case's the quality is just as good as USA made stuff, but beware as I learned, Stay away from Seismic Audio, thier cases are total crap.

Heres the link
    http://www.ospaudio.com/store/pc/vie...&idcategory=58
    Last edited by Alvarez Audio; 11-13-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Forgot link

7. Default Re: Road Casing the Remote

Hey, if anybody is interested in one of these cases, we are setup as OSP Dealers and I'll offer SAC forum members some good pricing. Just send me a PM.

We took notice to this a few days ago, and it looks like it was a simple case mod, sliding the center laptop mount to one side...

8. Default Re: Road Casing the Remote

OSP will set up just about anybody. I'm not sure if they will drop ship and thats why I suggested people buy direct at map from Siglers or check eBay because after you figure shipping you might as well just buy it direct on their eBay sight which includes shipping. Oh Yeah I'm a dealer to, most of their stuff is of higher quality than most of the bottom line cheap China stuff.

eBay link for Siglers which is the main store/Importer for OSP.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OSP-PRO-DJ-Coffi...item19beecdea5

9. Default Re: Road Casing the Remote

I am also a dealer for RME Behringer, Art and a slew of others. I don't advertise that here because a lot of distributors frown on lower than MAP advertising and even if you didn't advertise the price, trying to drum up business on a forum can come back and kick you in the rear, there are guidelines...

You moved the glide laptop shelf from the center to one side. How easy/hard is that to do? I don't own any coffins with laptop sliders, so it seems that moving it would be easier with some brands than with others.
    Jim King
    SSR Sound
    http://www.ssrrentals.com