Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Problem with long file length

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Dan has pointed out that bringing his SAW rig and patching in is more hassle than he wants to take on, thus my thought about VAC, etc.
    ...to continue to bring my own gear would mean bring in 5-7 racks/cases of gear and patching into the main rack patch panel.... a relative pain, considering the alternative.
    Maybe you didn't see that part of the thread?
    No I saw that part of the thread. In just comparing the 2 choices....

Let's see, fire up one piece of software, so you can try to run multiple channels of some virtual audio cable into another piece of software all running on the same computer.... Hmmmmm... What could possibly go wrong with that?

Or you just take the time to set up a SAC rig...

Or just record in Sonar and transfer it over, which probably is the easiest way and certainly the cheapest at this point.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    Yeah.... it's a pain. reminds me of when we used to carry a B3 up a flight or two of stairs for a gig because our keyboard player wouldn't part with it and get a chopped keyboard (before synth alternatives were any good) .... not that I can blame him... what a sound! Oh! and then there was the Rhodes 88.... suitcase.... with Leslie 147...... and the Clavinet.
    Hey, were you in my band?
    I painfully remember carrying a B3 and Leslie down two flights of stairs (more like fire escape metal stairs) into a place called "The Catacombs" in Boston. Why is it that the keyboard player never schlepped that stuff? Oh, that's right... he had some sort of chest muscle issue that prevented him from it. Ahhh, the "good old days".
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    I painfully remember carrying a B3 and Leslie down two flights of stairs (more like fire escape metal stairs) into a place called "The Catacombs" in Boston. Why is it that the keyboard player never schlepped that stuff? Oh, that's right... he had some sort of chest muscle issue that prevented him from it. Ahhh, the "good old days".
    I remember that guy!
    Maybe we were in the same band! But, you couldn't have been the drummer... he'd been off schmoozing with the club owner while we lugged his kit up and down the stairs. Were you the vocalist who only carried his mic and cable? .....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque
    Does Sonar have a live mode so you could just pass the channels on to SAW on the same computer via VAC?...

Hey Dave!

Are you refering to http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm#history ?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    Geeze... this reminds me of a band I was in last year. Two of the guys had "health issues" that in theory prevented them from doing any heavy lifting, but in practice had them showing up to gigs way after the rest of us, regardless of other stuff they could've done (running cables, setting up stands and mics, yadda, yadda, yadda...)
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque
    Does Sonar have a live mode so you could just pass the channels on to SAW on the same computer via VAC?...

Hey Dave!

Are you refering to http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm#history ?
    No, this: http://www.hoover.com/

Kidding. Yes, Virtual Audio Cable. Sorry, I shoulda been more clear.
    Becket, Massachusetts

No, this: http://www.hoover.com/

Kidding. Yes, Virtual Audio Cable. Sorry, I shoulda been more clear.
    We had one of those big canisters when I was a kid... It was great fun!

I may not get to try VAC out for at least a few days, or more.... so I'll get back on the results of that.

We had one of those big canisters when I was a kid... It was great fun!

I may not get to try VAC out for at least a few days, or more.... so I'll get back on the results of that.
    Cool. I'll be interested to hear how it goes.
    Becket, Massachusetts

I remember that guy!
    Maybe we were in the same band! But, you couldn't have been the drummer... he'd been off schmoozing with the club owner while we lugged his kit up and down the stairs. Were you the vocalist who only carried his mic and cable? .....
    Ha ha... no, I was the guitar player who also drove the bus and bought and maintained the PA. Oh yeah, I also booked the gigs. Come to think of it, I'd have loved to get in a band with myself.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording

Geeze... this reminds me of a band I was in last year. Two of the guys had "health issues" that in theory prevented them from doing any heavy lifting, but in practice had them showing up to gigs way after the rest of us, regardless of other stuff they could've done (running cables, setting up stands and mics, yadda, yadda, yadda...)
    Some things never change.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording