Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laptop System

Question Re: Laptop System

So what I'm getting here is: Regardless of the Laptop, what you really need to look for are the right Audio interfaces? (external)

I have a Focusrite that's working like a charm, and an Audiophile USB from M-audio... lots of latency on that one in MIDI, could not recommend it.

But I want to purchase a laptop to go on the road, I basically just need to be able to run some MIDIs and samples to create tracks, and mix audio files with high quality, I was thinking going Wal-Mart for this

Any thoughts?

Default Re: Laptop System

For sure the RME stuff is the business. I do indeed have an RME card in my SAC host machine, but the offer of a s/hand Profire 2626 came up and I knew I had a decent enough spec laptop kicking around to try it on, and it worked. Whether I would have shelled out on a new Profire in the hope of it working, si debatable, but I've trialed it on about 6 smaller gigs so far and it has been solid. As with anything FireWire, I'm always super careful about making sure the connection is well protected.
    Steven.
    www.diablosoundhire.com
    --------------------------------------------------
    SAC Host: Rack mount PC with Intel E7400 Core 2 Duo, RME HDSP9652 soundcard. 3 x M-Audio Profire 2626 preamps. Main SAC Remote: Toshiba Tecra laptop with Intel T7600 Core 2 Duo CPU (Doubles up for use as back up host via FW to Profire).
    3 x CM Labs Motor Mix control surfaces.
    SAC Wireless 'wander the room / stage' Remote: Asus EeePC HA1101 Netbook.