Close

Default 01v96 as a controller

I was able to control 8 channels with an 01v96v2.
    We assign yamaha usb 1 in the midi device with baby HUI control template.
    The 9 thru 16 faders are not working.
    What I are we doing wrong?
    In pro tools they output to 1 - 2 to achieve 16 channels.

Default Re: 01v96 as a controller

Hi Larry

Try my SAC-SAW to 01V96 translator... download and instructions at http://www.takelog.com/sac_yamaha_converter.htm

good luck
    Mark

Hi Mark,

I'd tried to control SAC with my 01v96v2 and your SAC-SAW to 01v96 translator. But it doesn't worked. Only the fader from channel 7 or 15 is moving up and down. Moving the fader on the 01v96v2 doesn't change anything. It's the same effect than without your tool (map the yamaha midi ports in sac). I followed your instruction, but there will be something wrong in my configuration. If I connect the 01v96v2 to logic all 16 faders worked perfectly.

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post
    Hi Mark,

I'd tried to control SAC with my 01v96v2 and your SAC-SAW to 01v96 translator. But it doesn't worked. Only the fader from channel 7 or 15 is moving up and down. Moving the fader on the 01v96v2 doesn't change anything. It's the same effect than without your tool (map the yamaha midi ports in sac). I followed your instruction, but there will be something wrong in my configuration. If I connect the 01v96v2 to logic all 16 faders worked perfectly.

Daniel
    Is it possible that you changed the controller assignments in your MIDI set up on the 01V96? So that they are sending out different MIDI data than the default?

Just a wild guess on my part here, as I don't have a 01V96 to play with.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

I didn't change midi setup, I reseted the whole mixer to factory settings and only changed the settings which where mentioned in the instructions from Mark. With the babie hui control template 8 faders worked.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post
    Hi Mark,

Daniel
    Hi Daniel

Did you set up and use the MIDI Loopback driver (e.g. MIDI Yoke) correctly? If you are getting the same effect with and without my translator, then it suggests to me that nothing is being routed through my translator. Have you got SAC routed directly to the Yamaha MIDI ports? If yes, then this is the problem.

cheers
    Mark

Hi Mark,

I think that I have set up Midi Yoke correctly because if I stop converting then the fader stops. What settings on the 01v96 are necessary?

Here my settings after factory reset:

DIO/SETUP;MIDI/HOST;DAW USB 1-2
    REMOTE LAYER; PROTOOLS
    NRPN mode
    PAIR MODE HORIZONTAL

You wrote in your instructions (Layer 1, inputs 1-16), but I can't find a setting to move the faders on Layer 1-16, only on the remote layer one fader is moving.

Hi Daniel

I think your problem is that you've got the USB MIDI ports routed to the DAW control bits of the 01V96. On the left-hand side of the DIO/SETUP:MIDI/HOST page you need to set GENERAL RX PORT to USB 2, and GENERAL TX PORT also to USB 2, and the DAW port (on the right-hand side) to nothing. The reason I use USB2 is that I also have the Studio Manager software on USB Port 1 ID 1.

Remote Layer can be set to anything I think - I have it set to NO ASSIGN. My software doesn't use the remote layer at all - it uses the faders for real channels 1-16.

I also find it easier to use if in SAW I have Mixer/Navigation Links/Mixer Views to Hardware Controller turned off - otherwise the faders jump all over the place as you move around in SAW.

Good luck!
    Mark

Hi Mark,

thank you for your help. Now I can control the 16 faders on Layer 1-16.

Daniel