Close

Default Keep record meter/transport on top

I searched the help file but couldn't find how to do this, and the restriction on short words in this forum's search function prevents me from searching on the word "top" (searched on "record meter top", but hits were only for "record meter"). How do you keep the rec meter/trans on top of all windows? I had it like this but changed it a while ago and can't find how to change it back.

Thanks,
    Jay
    Planet Earth is an incredible gift. It's our one and only home, yet we're slowly killing it and, in the process, killing ourselves. Think about the world you want your children to live in. Please think "preservation", not "plunder".

Default Re: Keep record meter/transport on top

Whoa, this is weird. I restarted SS and now meter/trans stays on top... I have no idea what happened. But at least it's doing what I want.

Jay
    Planet Earth is an incredible gift. It's our one and only home, yet we're slowly killing it and, in the process, killing ourselves. Think about the world you want your children to live in. Please think "preservation", not "plunder".

I've never seen anything cover the record meter or transport. I didn't think it was possible. Crazy, man...
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

funny that; I had the same problem, was going to drop a message to the forum, but then found out about the fire and decided this is irrelevant
    But I just checked and surprise surprise, I can't reproduce it now.

There must be a condition which causes it to happen, my circumstances were copying a couple of audio cassettes to CD and I did 3 x 45 minutes before the problem occurred. I have to do some more and will keep an eye out.

Robert V.

5. Default Re: Keep record meter/transport on top

* is a wildcard for searches.
    Jon Ketcham
    Sound Suite
    Holly Springs, NC, USA

john; what is the relevance?

robert V.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertV
    john; what is the relevance?
    Robert, he's explaining how I could've included "top" in my search, e.g., "top*". (Still wish the small-word restriction didn't exist, though, so you could make more focused searches.)

Jay

Can you use spaces?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

I'm a new member and have just discovered this thread. I had/have the same problem, and worked directly with Bob to resolve it. (Own a Dell Optiplex on an OEM installed XP, SSL). We could not resolve it. Bob suggested a clean install utilizing a stripped down version of XP. Not want wanting to put out the cash for another XP OS, I clean installed utilizing the OEM XP and shut down as many non-essential features as I could indentify.
    The overlapping of the record/transport still exists, though indescrimitely. I still don't have a clue and have not bothered Bob with it. I just 'cut holes' to make room for my record mode so that the controls can never be over-laid no matter what f-key I use, and I use all 24 of them.
    I don't require a big mixer view at all times, so the cutting up of the screen layout is no real big deal.
    Please post if any solution to this arises. Thx
    Last edited by Kurt Garehime; 02-12-2005 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Most of my recording is voice for radio, so lots of meters at time are not necessary for me. That's why the cutouts work
    Regards,
    Kurt
    Scarlet Rose Studios
    Las Vegas (as in Viva!)