Close

Default Possible Bug and Autosave question

Today, I went through a normal soundcheck. 2 bands, 6 MON mixes. Im currently not using SAC for FOH. 6 mixes, 16 channels, no fx or vst's running. I file saved my session like normal. The show started and I had to make quite a few changes as a member of the band hadn't shown up for soundcheck and the guitar players turned up. After making these changes, I went to file save and the SAC Host froze up. The save dialog never showed up. The pause/break had no effect in shutting down the audio in SAC, or in unfreezing SAC. SAC did however keep passing audio.

I suppose I should mention that I was using the host computer and not a remote on the host machine, with SAC 2.7

After the show I had to shutdown SAC via task manager. I reopened SAC, and the file had saved even though SAC did not say it was saving the session.

The manual seems very vague on the subject of autosave. How often does SAC autosave? Does it only autosave if I have the current session previously saved? And where on the HD are the autosave files stored?

If my SAC host is autosaving, the files are not being saved with my mix sessions.
    Last edited by hkmorgan87; 12-17-2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: more information
    Harley Morgan

SAC Host: Intel H55 with I3-560, 320 gb hd, RME RayDat, 4x Behringer ADA8k

SAC: 1 x 64, 32channels, eq, dyn on all channels, 10 monitor mixes. 30%

System: Meyer UPA-1C (tops) SW118IV(subs) Yamaha CM15V (monitors)
    http://www.sixstringsclub.com

Default Re: Possible Bug and Autosave question

The manual seems very vague on the subject of autosave.
    From the helpfile in the Menu Reference section:

Background AutoSave Delay Time

This option allows you to set a delay time from 0 to 300 secs which will auto save the current session settings to a background AutoSave.mxs file located in the SAC\Mix folder. The option is turned off if the value is set to zero. The File menu now includes an option to open this AutoSave session file at any time. Note the session name will reflect that you are inside the autosave session file, not the original session file which may have been opened at the time. The original file was never overwritten unless you chose to manually save it before you exited the program or choose to save and overwrite it now. After activating this option, save the preferences.

I'm not sure why you would say this is vague... seems pretty clear to me.

If the option has a delay time set... then the current mixer settings are saved at that interval in the background... it does not interfere with your ability to save and update the current session file or create any Save-As new files. If you have to restart the system, you can use the special option in the File menu to open the last Auto-saved file and it should put you back very close to where you were before the system shutdown.

Once you open the auto saved file, you can then resave it to the proper folder and session name that you want.

Bob L

Thanks Bob,
    Perhaps I need to get thicker glasses. I chose to use the search function in adobe reader instead of looking at the menu reference. And I used "auto save" instead of "autosave"

Any word on why SAC would freeze with engine live when trying to save? I've been using SAC 2.7 since the day it was released and last night was the first time it happened. I was using no fx, no dynamics, very little eq, no scenes. im currently running 2x64 buffers, at around 20% cpu
    Harley Morgan

SAC Host: Intel H55 with I3-560, 320 gb hd, RME RayDat, 4x Behringer ADA8k

SAC: 1 x 64, 32channels, eq, dyn on all channels, 10 monitor mixes. 30%

System: Meyer UPA-1C (tops) SW118IV(subs) Yamaha CM15V (monitors)
    http://www.sixstringsclub.com

I always suggest read the manual from top to bottom to get a thorough overview... then you will already know many things you never would search for anyway, because there are many features you have never seen before.

Even with the index generation in the file, there is never any easy way to include all the possible ways people would be searching for some subject under some name they come up with.

All the info is in there... it only takes a short hour or two to read and experiement as you go.

Bob L