Close

1. Default Help With Outputs

Happy New Year All!

Got my system together and took advantage of Bob's great Xmas sale and upgraded to SSfull. I'm having a little problem grasping how to set output assignments. I have a Tascam CDRW2000 that has toslink SPDIF. On my second 9652 card ADAT1 can be configured for SPDIF. I think I got that to work because the Tascam doesn't show D-Link error when connected. What I haven't figured out is how to connect the correct output in SS so that my Mixdown file can be transferred to the Tascam CD burnner. I not quite grasping the correlation between the physical outs on the ADA and software.
    Thanks for any help with my ineptness.
    Keith
    SawStudioFull,Levelizer,Freeverb,StudioReverb,ASUS P5WHD,E85003.20Ghz,4GigRam,Sata7200rpm500gbHD, 2 RME HDSP9652 cards, 4 ADA800 32 channels.

Default Re: Help With Outputs

In SAWStudio... the Out chans can be used as groups masters or physical out device masters...

To send an output to a device out to feed amps or other physical connections, assign the output chan to itself and it then passes thru to the soundcard device out...

So... Out master 1 to device 1... out master 2 to device 2... etc... these device master faders will then turn dardk red... the other out faders display as a lighter pink color which denotes them as group masters routed back to other master outs.

Reda the details in the "Understanding The Virtual Console" helpfile section.

Bob L

I honestly see no reason to have to run real-time playback to a CD recorder. If you have a decent CD burner drive in your computer, it makes more sense to use the "build mix" capability in SS to create the mix file, then use whatever CD creation software you have to do the rest.
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

4. Default Re: Help With Outputs

Cary B. Cornett Re: Help With Outputs
    I honestly see no reason to have to run real-time playback to a CD recorder. If you have a decent CD burner drive in your computer, it makes more sense to use the "build mix" capability in SS to create the mix file, then use whatever CD creation software you have to do the rest.

I only have a CD player in this system. Having the Tascam already I was looking to use the digital to digital features without buying more equipment.

Keith
    Keith
    SawStudioFull,Levelizer,Freeverb,StudioReverb,ASUS P5WHD,E85003.20Ghz,4GigRam,Sata7200rpm500gbHD, 2 RME HDSP9652 cards, 4 ADA800 32 channels.

Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    I only have a CD player in this system. Having the Tascam already I was looking to use the digital to digital features without buying more equipment.

Keith
    That's understandable, although last time I looked internal CD burner drives could be had for as little as $30. Then again, it is possible that the price of internal DVD burners (which will also burn CD's) may have come down that far.

Next question is, does the Tascam recorder accept regular data CD blanks, or does it require the special "audio" blanks, which are more expensive (to include a royalty compensation payment the the recording artists they think you will rip off). If you are going to burn enough CD's, the difference in price for the blanks might pay for itself by having the internal CD burner (which takes the cheaper "data" disks).
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

6. Default Re: Help With Outputs

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    That's understandable, although last time I looked internal CD burner drives could be had for as little as $30. Then again, it is possible that the price of internal DVD burners (which will also burn CD's) may have come down that far.

Next question is, does the Tascam recorder accept regular data CD blanks, or does it require the special "audio" blanks, which are more expensive (to include a royalty compensation payment the the recording artists they think you will rip off). If you are going to burn enough CD's, the difference in price for the blanks might pay for itself by having the internal CD burner (which takes the cheaper "data" disks).
    The Tascam uses regular blank CD. I'll start looking into DVD/CD recorders.

Keith
    Keith