Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: OT: Playing with sounds on toys.

Parents tend to go way above and beyond when it comes to their kids ... GUILTY!
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

2. Default Re: OT: Playing with sounds on toys.

Quote Originally Posted by bcorkery View Post
    Parents tend to go way above and beyond when it comes to their kids ... GUILTY!
    I have no idea of what you're talking about!

For $30, I'm willing to have some fun to see if I can get mine and his mom's voice onto the play phone. That that little device I posted takes a MicroSD card, so it should be easy enough to update the sounds from time to time as well.

Yeah, sounds like a fun project. I'm anxious to see how it turns out too!
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

I recently used these modules (Somo 14D) on a project. They worked out great and sound really good. You can select messages with a very basic pushbutton interface, or if you want to get fancier, you can interface to a micro and select them via a simple I2C-like interface.

The chip supports random access of up to 512 messages, and the compression software is available for free on the website.

I did a little poking around and found the actual chip used in the product:

http://1999c.en.alibaba.com/product/...oice_Chip.html

If you need any more info, PM me and I'll be happy to try to help.
    Don

Asus PQ5E, Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz, 4Gb DDR2 1000 RAM, XP Pro SP3, RME RayDAT, 4 x ADA8000, WNDR3700

Sometimes the dragon wins...