Close

Default Wish I would have had SAW for this!

I recently had to mix in Cubase SL3 boo! I need to buy SAW so bad! This sounds ok I think I could have done better in SAW...what do you all think?

http://www.myspace.com/sorrowsreveng...-79402655?ap=1

Default Re: Wish I would have had SAW for this!

Sounds ok but it's definately not a genre I'm into.
    However, you might find, like I did, that when using SAW it's like a veil's been lifted from the speakers after using Cubase.

cheers

mako
    Denis Hillman
    Queensland
    Australia

3. Default Re: Wish I would have had SAW for this!

The drums sound great were they miced or did you use any plugs? I had a hard time telling how the guitars were in the stereo field. Just IMHO the backing vocals could come forward some.

I don't know, sounds pretty great.

My feeling is, you go for the sound you hear in your head with whatever tools you happen to have. So, you'd probably get a similar mix with SAW..

I don't listen to this kind of unrelenting vibe too much but I found the whole thing pretty exciting.
    Erik Friedlander
    ----------------------------------------------
    www.erikfriedlander.com

Quote Originally Posted by Discipled1 View Post
    The drums sound great were they miced or did you use any plugs? I had a hard time telling how the guitars were in the stereo field. Just IMHO the backing vocals could come forward some.
    I used my old version of EZdrummer with DFH add on for the drums. The guitars are Line6 POD Farm 2....2 takes for each guitarist then added solos later. And I thought about brining out the back ground vocals more but I kinda like the dynamics with them back in the mix a little. Thanks for the questions!