Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Eleven Rack

Blog Entries

Default OT: Eleven Rack

Eleven Rack is awesome and in march the expansion pack comes out and it has Bass cabs and more. I own the POD and GTR 4 but had to get the Eleven Rack it just sounds so good to me, can't wait until the expansion pack comes out!

Default Re: OT: Eleven Rack

+1

3. Default Re: OT: Eleven Rack

Does this work in SAW? Does it have computer GUI? Is it controllable via USB? How easy is it to use? Does it have VST with it?
    Last edited by AcousticGlue; 01-31-2011 at 05:34 AM.

It works with any ASIO compatable program. The new drivers let you change sample rate and clock source without the need to have PT installed. It uses USB 2 and is fairly simple to learn. There is no VST plug, but I find it quite unnessary as you can re-amp easily with the intelligent routing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AcousticGlue View Post
    Does this work in SAW?
    Yes it works with SAW and sounds amazing and plays even better. You can you it live or to record.

Not sure how the hardware compares to the Pro Tools plug in. . . . but I have used the plugin and Eleven produces pretty realistic guitar tones or at the very least quite usable ones. The line is becoming more and more blurred every day for modeling technology. Even if I mic up a cabinet for my recordings I still end up throwing a modeled guitar in there somewhere. . . . . . .

+1 for Eleven

Joe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soundtrack2life View Post
    Not sure how the hardware compares to the Pro Tools plug in. . . . but I have used the plugin and Eleven produces pretty realistic guitar tones or at the very least quite usable ones. The line is becoming more and more blurred every day for modeling technology. Even if I mic up a cabinet for my recordings I still end up throwing a modeled guitar in there somewhere. . . . . . .

+1 for Eleven

Joe
    I have Eleven LE software and it was after using it that I found the Eleven software to just sound better then all the others I have or have used and the Eleven Rack adds the True-Z analog input that does something with impedance like a real amp does... you can feel it when you play and you can use it in SAW

I had a Mesa Boogie and sounded great but it was sold when I turned the studio to digital.

8. Default Re: OT: Eleven Rack

I always lked what Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree said, " People ask me what amps I use for my tones and they abhor all the modelling stuff" then he tells them that he uses guitar/amp modelling stuff.

9. Default Re: OT: Eleven Rack

And I'm kind of stuck wanting a GR55 and the Eleven rack. I have a VG99 and sold my POD XT Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    I have Eleven LE software and it was after using it that I found the Eleven software to just sound better then all the others I have or have used and the Eleven Rack adds the True-Z analog input that does something with impedance like a real amp does... you can feel it when you play and you can use it in SAW

I had a Mesa Boogie and sounded great but it was sold when I turned the studio to digital.
    Having a "true" analog input does make a difference. In lieu of going straight in to my Fireface 800. . . . lately I have been playing around with a combo of my Egnater M4 Preamp & modelers for the amp and speaker section. Very realistic sound IMO. FWIW I have been diggin the Peavey Revalver amp sim & Re-Cabinet 3 of the late (both in combo with the Egnater tube pre).
    Joe