Close

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AA Translator

Default Re: AA Translator

I am also very interrested in your product.
    Look foreward to the saw import/export

Sebastian

Trying to balance SAW work with other priorities like PT10 and FCP-X formats but .....
    Now I don't want to get ahead of ourselves but more good progress has been made. Files, clips/regions are all where they should be. As are things like markers, track names and other small things. Still have fades & automation to do and then a heap of serious testing.

I see no reason why this won't be in our next release.

More to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
    Trying to balance SAW work with other priorities like PT10 and FCP-X formats but .....
    Now I don't want to get ahead of ourselves but more good progress has been made. Files, clips/regions are all where they should be. As are things like markers, track names and other small things. Still have fades & automation to do and then a heap of serious testing.

I see no reason why this won't be in our next release.

More to come.....
    Great News!!

This is very exciting. Thanks in advance!

Very good!
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Default Re: AATranslator

I have added fades and don't seem to have broken anything so that's a good thing ;-)

I have to divide my time now between decrypting the PTX (they are using a new encryption method - harder but not impossible) as well as mxf & FCP-X.

Anyway we are getting there - sleep and then more hex dumps.

Edit: Have added Track Gain Automation - that took a while - I guess stupid people sometimes do stupid things - LOL
    Have to tweak the volume conversion which won't take long then I'll slap in the track pan and track mute.

If someone could email me a SAW session via the aatranslator web site (no audio needed) which has a single track with a clip or 2 with fades and 2 or 3 automation points for each of gain, pan & mute it would be appreciated. Also if you could send the sample positions of some of the 'points', clip start, fades etc that would also be good.

I'm so close I can smell it ;-)

Eyes burning, hardly any sleep but it's a nice day and I probably should mow the lawn, sigh.........

Edit2: Done!
    Just needs to be tested and its good to go for our next release

And that PTX obfuscation proved easier than expected - amateurs.
    BTW The lawn never got mowed ;-)

Edit3:
    I think we have done as much testing as we can and its still standing - so all good I think
    And no the lawn never did get mowed but at least the wipper snipper got a work out ;-)
    Last edited by Runaway; 11-06-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Just did a bit of tidying up and I'm pretty sure its ready for a beating.
    I just need a willing SawStudio user who has access to a couple of other daws to run some beta testing for us.

It's not a glamorous job but it needs to be done - 'for the greater good' as they say. I only need one willing participant so if you are interested please email me via the aatranslator website.
    Last edited by Runaway; 11-07-2011 at 06:55 AM. Reason: stupid spelling!

Runaway -
    Thanks so much for your efforts in this! Very much looking forward to when SAWStudio import/export is functioning and I will definitely look to purchasing AA Translator at that point!

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Just wasted about 8 hours on some stupid track gain automation issue - you know the ones where you just want to slap yourself in the back of the head for not seeing the solution hours before.

I just converted a few large PT sessions and now looking good.

At this stage I have the clips/regions in the right place with the appropriate audio offset within the clip, fades, clip lock, track automation (volume, pan & mute), tempo, timeline format, session offset, sample rate, session resolution (bit depth), SMPTE format, mixer labels & markers/cues.

I haven't converted groups but may do that a bit later.

More testing to be done.

That pretty much covers it - now back to putting out some other fires ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
    Just wasted about 8 hours on some stupid track gain automation issue - you know the ones where you just want to slap yourself in the back of the head for not seeing the solution hours before.

I just converted a few large PT sessions and now looking good.

At this stage I have the clips/regions in the right place with the appropriate audio offset within the clip, fades, clip lock, track automation (volume, pan & mute), tempo, timeline format, session offset, sample rate, session resolution (bit depth), SMPTE format, mixer labels & markers/cues.

I haven't converted groups but may do that a bit later.

More testing to be done.

That pretty much covers it - now back to putting out some other fires ;-)
    Wow. This sounds way better than converting an OMF into SS using another converter program. The region-specific details and fade info will be a huge benefit. Keep up the good work!
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts