Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Marking more than one track!!

Yes, I agree. Saw are the best sounding program that I have tryed.

If I want to be sure that I have not something on. When mixing the tracks togheter.
    Are there anyway of just disconnect everything on the tracks I want to mix down?
    In old Saw pro there was no mixers or anything. Very simple

Quote Originally Posted by Sawtesting man View Post
    Yes, I agree. Saw are the best sounding program that I have tryed.

If I want to be sure that I have not something on. When mixing the tracks togheter.
    Are there anyway of just disconnect everything on the tracks I want to mix down?
    In old Saw pro there was no mixers or anything. Very simple
    What do you want to turn off? Plug-ins? Channel EQ? Channel compression? Panning? Volume changes? Anything else?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Hi Dave,
    I want to turn everything off, exept for the volym settings that I need to do on some tracks.
    Then the new files should sound exactly the same as they did before mixing them togehter.
    How do I do this? Are there some bypass function?

Thanks everyone for being so kind to me , I feel a bit stupid in this digital world
    Last edited by Sawtesting man; 03-12-2011 at 01:12 PM.

The mixer channels start in a default all-off condition... so... unless you plug things in and turn things on, there is no signal processing happening.

If you have not saved a default mix template after changing things, then clearing the chan from the mixer menu will set all-off.

Bob L

Thumbs up Re: Marking more than one track!!

Well Bob, What can I say. Its so simple, when you tell me.
    Its just like a analog consule. Its just me not being used to work and think in the digital world.

STM -- you can bypass individual plug-ins or each patch point. You can turn off the channel strip EQ or compressor. Basically, anything you may have turned on -- turn it off or bypass it. And be sure you like the 'au naturel' mix result you get before committing it to your build mix.

Also -- if you're feeding any auxes from the tracks, you probably want to turn those off if you don't want aux signal getting through to your build mix.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Exclamation Re: Marking more than one track!!

Well, I'm having a question that goes in the same neighborhood as Sawtesterman:

I have a 7 minute long session, with over 20 tracks, and I want to mix everything that is between minutes 3:45 and 6:00, this includes automation, fx, and all the tracks that play at such time span.

As far as I've read, I assume I can only mute the sections outside of this area and build a mix that will be 7 minutes long with long minute silences at the beginning and at the end. This sounds like a waste of exporting, creating a bigger file than I want, is there another way to do this?

I work with video and have come across this problem many times, occasionally I just want to render a portion of the mix to run some tests on other video programs, and I need to swiftly export just a region on the fly.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragoodan View Post
    Well, I'm having a question that goes in the same neighborhood as Sawtesterman:

I have a 7 minute long session, with over 20 tracks, and I want to mix everything that is between minutes 3:45 and 6:00, this includes automation, fx, and all the tracks that play at such time span.

As far as I've read, I assume I can only mute the sections outside of this area and build a mix that will be 7 minutes long with long minute silences at the beginning and at the end. This sounds like a waste of exporting, creating a bigger file than I want, is there another way to do this?

I work with video and have come across this problem many times, occasionally I just want to render a portion of the mix to run some tests on other video programs, and I need to swiftly export just a region on the fly.

Thanks!!
    You render a portion of the mix mainly by:
    1- Marking the portion of the timeline you want rendered (usually using the B and E keys to mark beginning and ending of the marked area)

2- Selecting the tracks you want included in the render (build mix as it's called in SAW) by blackening the track numbers to the left of the channel name label in the MT view (or not pre-selecting them also works if you just want everything within that space and don't mind the slightly slower processing time)

3- Choosing the Build Mix To New SoundFile menu option and all its associated settings

There are other methods to get to this end, but what I've included here is pretty standard form and easily found in the helpfile and/or manual.

I also use this method when testing an audio insert/replacement for short video segments of a larger timeline, so I know this works... it should for you as well.

Someone else is sure to correct me if I'm wrong about anything, or add to the info for you if you are patient.

Oh! and no muting necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    You render a portion of the mix mainly by:
    1- Marking the portion of the timeline you want rendered (usually using the B and E keys to mark beginning and ending of the marked area)

2- Selecting the tracks you want included in the render (build mix as it's called in SAW) by blackening the track numbers to the left of the channel name label in the MT view (or not pre-selecting them also works if you just want everything within that space and don't mind the slightly slower processing time)

3- Choosing the Build Mix To New SoundFile menu option and all its associated settings

There are other methods to get to this end, but what I've included here is pretty standard form and easily found in the helpfile and/or manual.

I also use this method when testing an audio insert/replacement for short video segments of a larger timeline, so I know this works... it should for you as well.

Someone else is sure to correct me if I'm wrong about anything, or add to the info for you if you are patient.

Oh! and no muting necessary.
    What he said.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Great!

Just what I needed.

Thanks!!