Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: OT: No Brainer Deal on Sonivox Soundstage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDee View Post
    Ok, I figured it out...the installer wrote an improper directory entry in the SoundStage.txt file (under the All Users\Application Data\SONiVOX\DVI SoundStage directory). I corrected the entry, and voilà...both the standalone and VST now work.

Not bad for 15 bucks.
    Plus the brains to fix their mistake. (priceless )

How the heck did you figure that out?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Nice, I'm going to pick this one up.
    -Craig

What's in the package. Would anyone care to test if things work in SAC as well? VST's need to be zero latency in order for that to work, low CPU load is nice too for real time audio.
    --
    El cheapo SAC host V1.0: Lenovo - C2D E6550 - 2GB RAM - RME Digiface
    El cheapo SAC host V2.0: Fujitsu - i3-6300 - 8GB RAM - RME Digiface USB - (3) ADA8200 - 17" TFT

Blog Entries

Stand Alone and VST work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonZ View Post
    What's in the package. Would anyone care to test if things work in SAC as well? VST's need to be zero latency in order for that to work, low CPU load is nice too for real time audio.
    just bought,downloaded and installed it.
    works fine in SAC, load was 3% in my SAC remote laptop, so think it will be 1% or 1,5% load in my SAC host.
    only tried it on the laptop without a keyboard, so only single notes.
    think the load will rise if you going to play cords and depend on settings.
    but for $15 it's nice to have.

greetings
    janneman

Thumbs up Re: OT: No Brainer Deal on Sonivox Soundstage

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Plus the brains to fix their mistake. (priceless )

How the heck did you figure that out?
    I looked in the Registry and saw a reference to the particular text file. I opened the file and immediately saw the incorrect directory entry. Upon making the correction and saving the file (after having first made a copy [a best practice, even if it is only a small text file ]), both the standalone and the VST (in SAC and SAWStudio) worked without issue.

Just prior to my discovery (last night), I had logged a [webmail] support request, explaining the issue. SONiVOX replied (via email) in a very timely manner, providing a link to a zipped .exe file, which fixes the very issue I encountered. (They had already become aware of the issue.)

My guess is that Micro avoided the issue by not accepting the default location for the Samples folder. If not, then I'm not sure how he managed to skate around it.
    Last edited by MikeDee; 03-15-2011 at 01:39 PM.
    Míke È. Déè

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDee View Post
    I looked in the Registry and saw a reference to the particular text file. I opened the file and immediately saw the incorrect directory entry. Upon making the correction and saving the file (after having first made a copy [a best practice, even if it is only a small text file ]), both the standalone and the VST (in SAC and SAWStudio) worked without issue.

Just prior to my discovery (last night), I had logged a [webmail] support request, explaining the issue. SONiVOX replied (via email) in a very timely manner, providing a link to a zipped .exe file, which fixes the very issue I encountered. (They had already become aware of the issue.)

My guess is that Micro avoided the issue by not accepting the default location for the Samples folder. If not, then I'm not sure how he managed to skate around it.
    Pretty code-crafty, there, Bo... er, Mike.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by AntonZ View Post
    To the best of my knowledge VSTi (instruments) plug ins do not need to be zero latency in order to work in SAC. Only VST Plug-ins must be zero latency.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/