Close

1. Default Yamaha 03d as controller

Hi to all,,

I had a yamaha 03d mixer lying around ,, attached to my sac rig using midi cables and its working too,, but it controls only first16 faders , not the channels 17 - 24 in second layer , is it possible or maybe bob has desingned the template for 16 faders only.

Thnx

Default Re: Yamaha 03d as controller

Quote Originally Posted by bharat262 View Post
    Hi to all,,

I had a yamaha 03d mixer lying around ,, attached to my sac rig using midi cables and its working too,, but it controls only first16 faders , not the channels 17 - 24 in second layer , is it possible or maybe bob has desingned the template for 16 faders only.

Thnx
    the general midi template only controls 16 faders, but if you set the controller to chase the instance of sac read it is attached to it will chase the screen and give you control of all of the first 16 on each screen. You can use f keys to create layers in a dedicated instance of sac remote if you would prefer to operate that way.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

3. Default Re: Yamaha 03d as controller

Thanks Brent,

Other issue i have noticed that may be a bug , that if i select multiple channels with mouse and move thier faders or mute/unmute with mouse, Faders on 03d jump very fast and it makes sac crash.It is repeatable too

I would probably recommend using the ProMix 01 template rather than the General MIDI template. The 03d may use the same controller numbers as the Promix 01 did. And if not, it could easily be programmed to respond just like a ProMix 01.

That may or may not help with the crashing. It would still only be 16 faders though.

The only templates that allow for more than 16 channel strips are the BCF from Behringer and the Motormix. But the Motormix has issues above 16 channels (although we suspect that is an issue with the Motormixes and not SAC, who really knows, since no one seems to be doing any testing to fix it) so I wouldn't trust that.

It's probably not really worth it anyway. You would have to bank switch on the Yamaha anyway, so you might as well bank switch within SAC itself.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Make sure you are using the actual Yamaha 03D template.

Bob L

6. Default Re: Yamaha 03d as controller

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Make sure you are using the actual Yamaha 03D template.

Bob L
    I am using 03d template for sure