Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default WAVES Plug in discounts

I came across this and am going to try the D-Breath plug in.
    waves.com
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

Default Re: WAVES Plug in discounts

I was pretty impressed with the de-breath function in Izotope's Nectar. You'll have to tell us how the Waves plug compares.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

First time with iLok. I think I have 7 days to play before I need the physical key.

I hope to have some info soon but for $18 I can't imagine thinking it wasn't worth the money.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

Quote Originally Posted by bcorkery View Post
    I came across this and am going to try the D-Breath plug in.
    waves.com
    It looked real interesting - until I saw the iLock registration garbage required even for the demo.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

I recently purchased some Waves software and the tech support was promt, and I have not updated my WUP to get it. The iLok was easy to deal with too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grekim View Post
    I recently purchased some Waves software and the tech support was promt, and I have not updated my WUP to get it. The iLok was easy to deal with too.
    My demo philosphy: If they want my all my personal information - then after giving it - telling me that I still can't even demo the plugin until I fill out more personal information with another company - then forget it. Crimeny... I just wanted to hear what it sounded like before I considered purchase. I get something of no value - and they get something of continual marketing value (despite privacy claims - they're not worth the PDF their written on). Oh well... in all due fairness, I'm aware that Waves carries a great audio reputation.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

BTW I keep a spare iLok to run demos on. This way it does not clutter up my main one with demos and purchased licenses. I love the iLok concept. I guess I have been lucky because I never had problem with my iLoks even back when I was still running SAW Studio on XP. And I am getting the same great results on the Mac. Last month Waves was running some sales that I finally pick up on some Wave plugins. I grabbed the API bundle, CLA Classic Compressors & GTR (software only). I was not overly impressed with GTR but for the $60 some dollars I figured what the heck. . . . .
    Joe

I agree with Carl
    Just like Music downloads used to be it was MUCH harder to BUY music then strip the copy protection then covert to a usable format than it was to steal it.
    I may be wrong (not the first time) but most of the pros that will actually use the software will gladly pay for it and dont need the protection crap.
    I know a lot of people who have cracked software of all kinds but they just play with it and dont actually use it for profit.

Butch

I don't have anything that requires an iLok right now. So, I'm not going to get one just so I can demo a piece of software. I tend to favor companies that either have iLok-less demos or give a choice of iLok or some other registration. I might have to give some info to download, but that's a minor inconvenience.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    I was pretty impressed with the de-breath function in Izotope's Nectar.
    +1
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.