Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WAV File Player

Default WAV File Player

Some time back, I remember reading a thread about file players and playing them out back into SAC. I can't find the thread and am beginning to think I might have been dreaming. My question: Is it possible to play, say, Soundplant out and back into my MOTU 2408 and in to SAC on the same machine? If so, how exactly is that done. Thanks again for all the help.

Default Re: WAV File Player

Quote Originally Posted by mixer100 View Post
    Some time back, I remember reading a thread about file players and playing them out back into SAC. I can't find the thread and am beginning to think I might have been dreaming. My question: Is it possible to play, say, Soundplant out and back into my MOTU 2408 and in to SAC on the same machine? If so, how exactly is that done. Thanks again for all the help.
    I'm doing that with Winamp now, Soundplant should be no different. You just have to have your Windows audio devices assigned to your onboard (or PCI, USB, whatever) sound card and have SAC using just the MOTU PCI card.

I didn't bother using the MOTU's SPDIF as it wasted a whole bank, so I just use the PC stereo line out to a pair of MOTU analog inputs. I did a comparison between that and the SPDIF method using a USB Soundblaster with SPDIF coax out...hardly any difference so I stuck with analog rather than wasting 6 inputs for a negliable live performance difference.

HTH,
    Jeff

7th Voice FOH/Mon/Sys Tech
    www.7thVoice.net
    www.reverbnation.com/7thvoice

SAC Installation:
    Dell Optiplex 990, Intel i5/4GB RAM
    3xMOTU 2408, PCI-424x card, 6x ART TubeOpto8, 2x Motormix

SAC Portable Rig:
    IBM ThinkCentre M50 3.2GHz/4GB RAM
    2x MOTU 2408/PCI-424x card, 2x ART TubeOpto8, 2x M-Audio Profire 2626
    Yamaha Promix01 controller, EWI Tourcase
    CUDJ-P-22.

Jeff,
    I am mildly proficient sooo, how do I tell soundplant to use the onboard device and not the MOTU. That seems to be where I am not succeeding.
    BTW, Thanks for the response, I am probably trying to do trhe same thing in the same situation as yourself.

Jeff,
    I am mildly proficient sooo, how do I tell soundplant to use the onboard device and not the MOTU. That seems to be where I am not succeeding.
    BTW, Thanks for the response, I am probably trying to do trhe same thing in the same situation as yourself.
    It's not so much Soundplant you need to set up, but Windows Sound. You tell SAC to use the MOTU card from within SAC, however, you tell Windows as a whole to use your onboard sound card.

Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices.
    Click on the Audio tab.
    Set the Sound Playback and Sound Recording Default devices to your onboard sound card. I.e. my laptop here at work says "Sigma Tel Audio", and, if memory serves, my SAC Host says "AC 93", and also has choices for "Fast Track Pro" and "MOTU 2408".
    Set the MIDI Music Playback Default device to something other than the MOTU, probably something like "Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth".

Click OK and that should be it!

HTH,
    Jeff

www.7thVoice.net

SAC Installation:

SAC Portable Rig:
    CUDJ-P-22.

Jeff,
    I already had gotten as far as the audio tab but I don't have any choices in the dropdown menus for any other devices, only for the MOTU. If it makes any difference, I am running XP SP3 and a 324 not the 424 card.

Jeff,
    I already had gotten as far as the audio tab but I don't have any choices in the dropdown menus for any other devices, only for the MOTU. If it makes any difference, I am running XP SP3 and a 324 not the 424 card.
    It appears you do not have a Windows sound card driver installed (324 vs 424 doesn't matter, it's just another sound card to Windows, so that wouldn't change the visibility of your Windows sound card).

Do you have onboard sound or, if not, a PCI or USB sound card?
    If not, you need to get one and pretty much any one will do.
    If so, you need to download and install the driver for your audio card.

You could go to the Hardware tab in the Sound and Audio Devices Properties as well and check the list of devices for another sound card. It should show the MOTU, your CD and/or DVD drive, audio and video codecs, and a sound card of some sort.

Jeff

www.7thVoice.net

SAC Installation:

SAC Portable Rig:
    CUDJ-P-22.

There is a wav player that works in SAC I use it and its a plain bare file player.

Heres the link

http://audio.dafx.org/vstplayer/index.php

Alex

Thanks alex but I can't get a download from it.
    Jeff,
    There was no driver listed so I downloaded the driver and it tells me to unistall any other PCI device. I uninstalled the MOTU driver and tried to install the realtek driver with no luck. I'm just going to find a local tech to get it right for me. Thnks again for the help.

Thanks alex but I can't get a download from it.
    Oh, yeah. It looks like it may have been removed.

"The development has been temporarily suspended because of lack of public interests and revenue. It will resume when I have time for low priority projects."

The targeted $100 donation is only at 65%.

Too bad, no bells and whistles, but it does work well.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

10. Default Re: WAV File Player

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    There is a wav player that works in SAC I use it and its a plain bare file player.

Heres the link

http://audio.dafx.org/vstplayer/index.php

Alex
    Is there anything in the licensing of the software that says it can't be re-distributed? It was being offered as "fee" and "open source" according to the developers website.