Close

Default intel MB info please?

This is the motherboard my local guru is planning to use for my new DAW.

1156 I5-I7 INTEL DH55DD A,L,DDR3,RAID

I can't find an Intel DH55DD listed anywhere. Also, I don't hear much hear about Intel MBs. I mostly hear people talking about ASUS, Gigabyte, etc.

Does anyone have an opinion?

Scott

2. Default Re: intel MB info please?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    This is the motherboard my local guru is planning to use for my new DAW.

1156 I5-I7 INTEL DH55DD A,L,DDR3,RAID

I can't find an Intel DH55DD listed anywhere. Also, I don't hear much hear about Intel MBs. I mostly hear people talking about ASUS, Gigabyte, etc.

Does anyone have an opinion?

Scott
    http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/rese...eng/403012.htm

Looks like it's an eco friendly board and might not be ideal for a workhorse computer.

Default Re: intel MB info please?

Quote Originally Posted by 905shmick View Post
    http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/rese...eng/403012.htm

Looks like it's an eco friendly board and might not be ideal for a workhorse computer.
    Thanks for finding it. I did a search on Intel's site and cam up empty.

What makes you think that it wouldn't be ideal? I'm not a PC expert (obviously). I would like to get the most that I can afford this build.

Edit: I'm going with an i5 processor and Win XP.

Got a DH55HC here. Seems fine. I can't tell you whether it's the same chipset as the DD until they publish a bit more information.

Much as I like the general idea of Eco boards, as you should be turning off a lot of the power-down features in order to run a reliable DAW, it doesn't make much sense to me to pay the premium for those features.

Dominic

5. Default Re: intel MB info please?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Thanks for finding it. I did a search on Intel's site and cam up empty.

What makes you think that it wouldn't be ideal? I'm not a PC expert (obviously). I would like to get the most that I can afford this build.

Edit: I'm going with an i5 processor and Win XP.
    It's a microATX board, which means it's smaller and will have fewer PCI/PCIe slots on it than a standard ATX motherboard.

Make sure it's got enough slots and of the type you need for the card(s) you'll be using in it.

Quote Originally Posted by 905shmick View Post
    It's a microATX board, which means it's smaller and will have fewer PCI/PCIe slots on it than a standard ATX motherboard.

Make sure it's got enough slots and of the type you need for the card(s) you'll be using in it.
    I saw that, and I thought that I knew what that was. You confirmed what I was thinking.

I only have one card and don't really plan to add any. The one I have is an RME interface for my Digiface.

I specified the minimum ports (ESATA, FW, USB, etc) that I wanted and this board is supposed to have what I need.

S

S
    Last edited by Scott P; 06-02-2011 at 06:15 PM.