Close

Default Mute All Scene Problems

I am trying to setup a scene that mimics a mute group, by muting all the channels for the band in the FOH and in all the stage monitor channels. I can get it to work for the FOH, but I can not get it to mute any of the monitor channels.

TO setup scene, I muted the appropriate channels on the FOH and on each of the monitor channels. I the selected the channels I want included in the group. ON the properties page, I have selected: Channels - partial; Mute; Foh Mixer; Mon Mixer 1 ... Mon Mixer 8.

Then I hit update. I have tried this over and over.

When I apply the scene the FOH channels mute, but nothing happens on any of the Mon Mixers.

What am i missing?

Default Re: Mute All Scene Problems

Look at the list of partial chans... does it include the chans on the 8 mon consoles... my gues is... no... so make sure to switch to each console and select the chans you want to include... then update the partial in the scene properties.

If you have multiple scenes that want to use this selected list of chans across mixers, you can exit the scene properrties window without clearing the currently selected chans by pressing the [Ctrl-Key] when closing the scene properties and use that selection to update another scene.

Bob L

Thanks Bob,

That was it. I would never have thouht about selecting the channels in all the monitor mixes, but that did it. It might be good to highlight that in the manual. I am so glad to finally have this working.

SAC Rocks!

If you don't have IEM's you may also want to just select the FOH and right click a mute button then select mute through monitors. Store just the FOH mute state and that will control all the monitor mixers as well. I like to leave IEM's unmuted for conversations and the like.

Mute safe on individual monitor channels would be really cool.

If you use the pre fdr monitor tap point... the FOH mute will also mute the tap to the monitors.

I am also working on the idea of the mute thru selection to be adjustable for each mixer.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    If you use the pre fdr monitor tap point... the FOH mute will also mute the tap to the monitors.

I am also working on the idea of the mute thru selection to be adjustable for each mixer.

Bob L
    That would be awesome.