Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: OT: Trouble playing/converting QT video

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    This is good to know..... I was wondering how restrictive it might be.

For those of you who have QT loaded on your main machine, have you ever noticed any problems because of it, do you have it loaded there because you "need" it anyway, or is it just okay in general co-existing with your other audio programs.... like SAW?
    I've had it loaded on my main DAW box with both my previous system and my new system. Doesn't seem to be making trouble. I think when QT7 first came out, there were problems, but IIRC they got fixed eventually (or at least massaged into acceptability).
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

The video track will be conformed to match the current frame rate... that means it will double up or skip frames to adjust...

So... if you get the warning and have no reason to force a mismatched rate... cancel and set the proper rate first... then add the file without the warning message.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    The video track will be conformed to match the current frame rate... that means it will double up or skip frames to adjust...

So... if you get the warning and have no reason to force a mismatched rate... cancel and set the proper rate first... then add the file without the warning message.

Bob L
    Thanks Bob.

for what it's worth, I don't cancel out. I treat the prompt is a reminder, and simply accept it and then update the frame rate in sawstudio. it saves a couple of steps and doesn't seem to cause a problem.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Dave... the internal conform factors are set when you accept it... then changing the rate recalcualtes those factors and could cause a slight roundoff error with the calculation on top of the calculation... that is why I suggest to cancel and reload the video to the correct timeline rate.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Dave... the internal conform factors are set when you accept it... then changing the rate recalcualtes those factors and could cause a slight roundoff error with the calculation on top of the calculation... that is why I suggest to cancel and reload the video to the correct timeline rate.

Bob L
    Good to know. Thanks, Bob.
    Becket, Massachusetts