Close

1. Default OT: Satellite Direct-Online TV

Does anyone on here use this for TV on PC? Is it a viable product?

Default Re: OT: Satellite Direct-Online TV

Not the answer you were looking for - but we have no cable, satellite or other TV reception here. We just plug the HDMI output of my wife's HP tm2t laptop to the TV set and watch Netflix, Hulu, and other on demand streaming channels via the net. Works great.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

I do something similar. I bought a Roku box, connected to our TV. Then I got a Netflix account, and we dropped cable like a bad habit. The TV downstairs has a Wii on it, so Netflix comes up there as well.

If you've already got high speed internet, you don't need a satellite dish.

4. Default Re: OT: Satellite Direct-Online TV

Yup, I use it.
    It's not perfect but pretty good. For one time $50 lay down I can't really complain. I got mine here
    Regards,
    Dino

Quote Originally Posted by dino12345 View Post
    Yup, I use it.
    It's not perfect but pretty good. For one time $50 lay down I can't really complain. I got mine here
    Regards,
    Dino
    Just curious... could you elaborate on the "pretty good" rating? What's "not perfect" about it? Is the problem related to connection speed? Or something else?
    TIA
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Quote Originally Posted by dino12345 View Post
    Yup, I use it.
    Regards,
    Dino
    Yes can you elaborate please. This is becoming a huge issue with the rising cost of everything lately. If I could get rid of DTV I would be quite happy.

Does this setup actually work? What about local channels, kids channels, baseball games? (sports in general)

What if the supplier or provider goes away or just disappears or something?

If it works, I'll do it in a heartbeat.

I've tries streaming thru my PS3, most times it was just unusable. Is this better than that at least?

Thanks,
    Tony
    Tony

Inquiring minds want to know.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio